50lb to lose and feeling the pressure

Options
Hi,

I've only just started this app a couple of days ago and the forums today. I am terrible for wanting to weigh daily when I start a diet. Like, I'm expecting results ...... now! Need to get my head into the long haul game of it and need help.

x

Replies

• katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've only just started this app a couple of days ago and the forums today. I am terrible for wanting to weigh daily when I start a diet. Like, I'm expecting results ...... now! Need to get my head into the long haul game of it and need help.

x

I feel that way everyday.. Once you start losing and your body starts cHanging you will be happy with the pace it's going
  • HellyJoJo
    HellyJoJo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am really egging next wednesday on when I can weigh again to register it on here. I am kinda hoping for a reasonable loss, being the first proper week and everything but also a little scared that it won't be and then I'll give up :/ How lame am I already!?

x
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    make sure you are weighing in at the same time, on the same scale and wearing approximately the same clothes (and after you have used the toilet).
  • casisk11
    casisk11 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm like you - I have been OBSESSIVELY weighing myself. I want results and I want them NOW, lol.
  • HellyJoJo
    Options
    I always weigh on a weds morning after the loo and completely starkers!!! No extra pounds going on clothes lol..... ROLL ON WEDS!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeasssssssssssseeeeeeee let it be 3lb+ ......

x
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Just remember - we didn't put this weight on overnight (although sometimes it seems that we did) and it won't come off overnight. I only weigh once a week, Friday a.m. Never take a peak through the weak. The body fluctuates too much and that can mess with your head.

Remember - diet is temporary and has an ending - lifestyle change is permanent and unending.

YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't focus on weighing yourself daily, but being obsessed about your intake and that respective intakes macro nutrient ratios is not a bad thing for weight/fat loss.
  • molina76853
    molina76853 Posts: 143
    Options
    I threw my scale away so I the only time I weigh is when I go to the doctor. I can tell the difference though, I feel better, have lots more energy and my clothes feel alot better.
  • HellyJoJo
    Options
    Just remember - we didn't put this weight on overnight (although sometimes it seems that we did) and it won't come off overnight. I only weigh once a week, Friday a.m. Never take a peak through the weak. The body fluctuates too much and that can mess with your head.

Remember - diet is temporary and has an ending - lifestyle change is permanent and unending.

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Thank you babe!

x
  • HellyJoJo
    Options
    I threw my scale away so I the only time I weigh is when I go to the doctor. I can tell the difference though, I feel better, have lots more energy and my clothes feel alot better.

I'm not visiting the docs but am tempted to give my scales to my neighbour and have to ask for them back every tuesday evening!!!
  • omsmom12
    omsmom12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. It takes time. I started with 50 pounds to lose, too. I've been working hard at this since early January. There have been what seems like weeks where the scale doesn't move and then I'll suddenly see a huge drop. Stick with it when it seems that it's just dragging. It's been slightly less than 3 months--which, looking back, seemed to just fly by--and I'm already down almost 15 pounds. It seems almost miraculous when I think how fast the weeks went. Just stick with it day by day, hour by hour, and you'll see a change. And the bigger the change gets, the more you'll want to stick with it.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I think one of the first steps is to accept that this will take time. No matter how much you want it to go quickly, you NEED to accept that it won't happen overnight. A loss of 1-2 lbs a week is typical when you're living a healthy lifestyle. Of course, sometimes people lose more and sometimes people lose less, and there WILL be times you plateau and need to try different things to find out what works for YOU to break through those plateaus.

I know hearing that can be discouraging but you'll only be successful, and feel successful, if you give yourself reasonable expectations and goals. It's not bad to aim high but don't beat yourself if you fall short. Take your measurements and "before pics" as well, and take progress pictures too. It's hard to see a difference when you see yourself every day, and sometimes the scale is deceiving, so having more tools to check your progress will help too.

The only way you will fail is if you give up. Even if your progress is slow, at least you will be making progress. Even if you slip, remember that two steps forward and one step back is STILL one step forward!

You can do this. Just KNOW and accept that it's not always easy and there are ups and downs, but it's worth going through because nothing can compare to the feeling you will feel when you reach your goal.
  • tjwichman
    tjwichman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The thing that I remind myself of is that this is not a diet,but a lifestyle change, not a diet, because I am not letting myself get this way again. Because of that, slow and steady wins the race and weighing myself daily I know will discourage me. I would say, let your food diary and your workout log be your daily victories because those are what are leading to the healthy you. That number on the scale can be the icing on the cake!
  • HellyJoJo
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments. I am feeling motivated now, just need to keep it.

I believe that my family don't care about a number (my weight) but I think they'd enjoy me more if I weighed less as I could do more.

x
  • Can_Change_Natalie
    Can_Change_Natalie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi i know it can be very daunting when you first start i started with 45 lbs to lose.

Like others have said you need to realise that its going to take time and its not going to happen overnight, I started in the second week of Jan this year and so far have lost 11 lbs it’s not as much as i had hoped but i have realised its going to take time and i just need to stay committed and i will eventually get there! it might be coming off slower than i liked but i know this is a lifestyle change and its something i can continue to do.

Keep at it and you will get there.
  • HellyJoJo
    Options

Keep at it and you will get there.

:) Fingers crossed, thank you!!

x