Should I be upping my calories?

Options
My diary is open to MFP members so you can have a look. I started out on 1450 calories and a few days ago decided to lower them to 1300 since I wasn't losing anything (other than a jaw dropping 0.4lbs on sunday there) but then I thought well maybe it's because I'm not eating enough calories. I'm staying within my limit and even since I've started 30DS I've still not lost anything. My 0.4lb loss came right after a rare night of steak, chips, onion rings, lots of wine, crisps and nibbles so I thought maybe I should be eating more?

I don't know. I'm just frustrated that I've not lost anything for nearly a whole month now. My weight seems to be sticking at 136lbs-ish, the lowest being at 132 on sunday. I know these questions are probably quite common here but if anyone can offer some input I'd appreciate it lots :) thanks!

Replies

• ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Before you change your calories up or down double check your entries. Are you weighing your food and entering the correct portion amounts? Are there foods you never enter? You could be eating a lot more or less than you think. Also drink more water, not sure if you're not logging all your water or not drinking enough based on your diary.

Did you take your measurements before starting 30 day shred? You may have lost inches!

It could be water retention! That happens a lot when you start a new workout regimen that includes some strength training. Weigh yourself in the morning after peeing and before eating or drinking. Our bodies fluctuate water throughout the day.

Are you following what mfp suggests for calories or your own?
  • travishalogod
    travishalogod Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Everything I know about nutrition tells me that a semi active woman should consume between 1500 and 1800 calories a day. MFP isn't the best for adjusting calories the way it needs to be.. You are doing 30 day shred. you need to make sure you are eating at least 5 times aday, roughly every two hours.. anything you eat after 3 hours turns into fat and your metabolism slows down as your amino acids decrease.. You need to have more protein too. high protein diets burn the most fat. Drink at least a gallon of water a day. I know that seems like a ton. but you need it.. The above post is also right, make sure you are posting and tracking everything and do not go below 1300 calories of eating any day. ever. it isn't healthy and will put your body into starvation mode which will pack on fat and eat muscle..
    any questions feel free to message me or add me.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • rayyesnk
    rayyesnk Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just took a quick glance at your diary and wonder, are you watching your sugar intake? I wonder if that could have something to do with it. Maybe decrease fruits/ sugars/ and sweets (even things like fruity yogurts can have more sugar than you think) and increase vegetables and whole grains. Just a thought.