Have u seen, "Food Matters" or "Hungry for Change"?

Options
Any other motivating Documentaries you've watched?:happy: :happy:

Replies

• NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've seen Hungry for a Change and it was good but I think that it moved through everything with the barest of information.
  • Exill
    Exill Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've seen the latter and I liked Vegucated and Tapped too.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Killer at Large and Super Size me
  • iamluce
    iamluce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    food matters is really really good! very informative
  • xF7x
    xF7x Posts: 143
    Options
    National Geographic... Healthy eating
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    Bump. Any more?
  • NaturallyandProperly
    NaturallyandProperly Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Food Inc. But I won't watch that one because I already don't eat red meat and anything to do with hurting animals kills me!
  • NaturallyandProperly
    Options
    Just found this list:

Food Inc.: This film touches on the politics of food production, farming, obesity and disease in our 21st-century diet.

Food Fight: Foodie celebs like Wolfgang Puck, Michael Pollan and Dan Barber talk about how food has changed in American and the growing organic-food movement.

Dirt! The Movie: A look at the base of where all our food comes from… the ground. Watch it free online at Hulu.com.

Fresh: Urban farming activist Will Allen and Joel Salatin discuss how corporate America threatens our food economy.

Killer at Large: An in-depth look into America’s obesity problems centered around a 12-year-old liposuction patient.

King Corn: As America’s most subsidized crop, this documentary follows two friends who plant an acre of corn and track it from seed to shelf.

Super Size Me: A fit man embarks on a 30-day challenge to eat only McDonald’s fast food. Watch it free on Hulu.com.

The Garden: Latino South Central farmers fight for their right to grow food.

The Future of Food: A look into genetically-modified food (GMOs) and the destructive path of the Monsanto Corporation. Watch it free on Hulu.com.

The Real Dirt on Farmer John: Farmer John Peterson struggles to save his farm as America’s farming community declines.

Food Stamped: Ever wondered how hard it is to eat well on a tight budget?

Our Daily Bread: This unique no-narration film takes a look into industrialized food in Western Europe.

As We Sow: Follow American farmers are they tell their stories of survival and failure in America’s heartland.

Food Matters: This film shows that what we eat really does matter and how it affects our health, mood and happiness.

Forks Over Knives: Despite our advanced technology, this movie investigates the “disease of affluence” that can be controlled or reversed by avoiding meat and processed food.

What’s on Your Plate?: This film follows two 11-year-old multi-racial city kids as they explore their place in the food chain.

Fast Food Nation: Showing the dark side of the all-American meal, this film examines the local and global influences of fast food.
  • NaturallyandProperly
    Options
    National Geographic... Healthy eating

Is that a series or ?
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    watched food matters a couple weeks ago and found it so eye opening. def learned a tonne from that movie.. been doing a lot of online research since then on vitamins etc. ;) I have been really watching what i eat over the past few months and have found that i am overall much much happier etc.. ;)
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love documentaries on health and wellness, particularly healthy eating and nutrition. I feel like you really have to go looking for information and be your own best health advocate in all aspects of your own wellness but particularly with nutrition. I have seen and enjoyed:

Food Matters
    Hungry for Change
    Vegucated
    Forks Over Knives
    Food Inc
    Fast Food Nation
    Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead
    Super Size Me
    Weight of the Nation (HBO documentary)