Need motivation! My job depends on it!

Hi! My name is Sandra. I've been in the Army for almost 5 years now, and throughout my career I've had 2 beautiful baby boys! But what happened to my body was not so beautiful... I started MFP about a month ago and since have lost 12 lbs with just the support of family, but because of all the budget cuts to the Department of Defense, they are actively looking for ways to kick soldiers out! That's where you come in! I'm at 170 now, the Army says my max allowable weight is 161, but I'm shooting for 150 so I'm not border line. :-)

Replies

• chac69
    chac69 Posts: 7 Member
    I am always looking to put the law of reciprocation in to play.:smile:
  • JannaJ02
    JannaJ02 Posts: 35 Member
    Hi Sandra! I'd love to be your friend. :) You can do it!
  • xphiar
    xphiar Posts: 11
    I'm in that same spot (not in the army though). I'd love to be your friend, and anyone else who wants one
  • tigercesi
    tigercesi Posts: 6 Member
    Keep up the good work. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Thats so cool. Ive always dreamed of being in the marines, and I was 170 pounds... once long ago before I had my 1st child.. . Anyway.. just keep on going you can do this. You're a soldier for a reason. Add me for support.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Hi! My name is Sandra. I've been in the Army for almost 5 years now, and throughout my career I've had 2 beautiful baby boys! But what happened to my body was not so beautiful... I started MFP about a month ago and since have lost 12 lbs with just the support of family, but because of all the budget cuts to the Department of Defense, they are actively looking for ways to kick soldiers out! That's where you come in! I'm at 170 now, the Army says my max allowable weight is 161, but I'm shooting for 150 so I'm not border line. :-)

Did the Army give you a deadline?
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    First things first THANK YOU!!! Second. Hi.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Here to motivate you. :) Feel free to contact me
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    thank you for your service! i'd love to be your friend - you can do this!
  • wicklesswarrior
    wicklesswarrior Posts: 5 Member
    Each unit is different, but my unit does a mandatory weigh in once every 3 months (quarterly). If you are overweight, you get taped and have to be under the body fat index set by the army. I'm at 31% with a max of 32%, so I have no "time limit" to get down, but being taped is so embarrassing! Especially if you're still clinging to a ill bit of baby fat and stretch marks.
  • wicklesswarrior
    wicklesswarrior Posts: 5 Member

Each unit is different, but my unit does a mandatory weigh in once every 3 months (quarterly). If you are overweight, you get taped and have to be under the body fat index set by the army. I'm at 31% with a max of 32%, so I have no "time limit" to get down, but being taped is so embarrassing! Especially if you're still clinging to a ill bit of baby fat and stretch marks.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Feel free to add me. I did 7 years active and 2 years NG in the Army. I got up high enough to get taped for the weigh-ins, but was able to still pass while I was in. Once I had my son, I bumped up to 160 (I'm 5'2") and am now down to 126ish. You can get to where you need to be if you just keep at it. I'd be more than happy to share my routine with you. I left active running a 20+ min 2 mile (just hitting 60% for my age at the time) and like 30 PU and 60 SU. I'm now running a sub 16 2 mile (faster than I ever was while serving) and can max the PU and get close to the 80 SU in the 2 min.

Keep up the good work and thanks for serving!

ETA: I had my son 7 days after ETS from the NG.....so never had to pass at 160.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    I have never been in the military, but a good friend of mine was almost kicked out due to weight issues. Good luck.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    I'd be honoured to be your friend.

Thank you for your service.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member

Yeah, I could see how you wouldn't enjoy that.
    But, you can do this!
  • acbabbitt
    acbabbitt Posts: 50
    You're welcome to add me!