NSV - compliments of my 14 yr old son

Options
The scales haven't moved for me for the past month but I have been reasonably relaxed about it. Recently changed to TDEE-20% and figured that the body is still readjusting. At least I can see some change in shape. I weighed myself yesterday and still no change so trying to think positively I posted some pics on my profile to remind me just how much I have changed and received some lovely compliments from my MFP pals.
But that is not the NSV.
This morning I got up at 5am for my usual walk and cause it was a bit cold decided to try on my newly purchased skins and out the door I went. When I got home my son was getting ready for school and he just sort of stopped and stared at me. With arms wide and then sort of bringing them in together he said "wow mum, your legs have like disappeared and your ankles are so tiny". Then he gave me a big hug, patted me on the head ( cause he is enjoying being taller than me) and told me I looked awesome.
Some days those smelly nappies are worth it, lol
Thanks Roo.

Replies

• rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    So sweet!
  • bioniccheese
    Options
    That is brilliant. Sounds like you're raising a good 'un there too!
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. And what a nice son you have! Good luck to you.
  • debbiewillersveik
    debbiewillersveik Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Awe..... Thanks for the smile!!! Keep on keepin on :)
  • lulu1691218
    Options
    That is so sweet! I love hearing what my kids have to say about my changing body, some things are very funny and unexpected!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    That is an AMAZING NSV!!! 14 your old boys can be real little ****s sometimes...but that is too cute. well deserved!
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That is so sweet!
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Great post. Sounds like an awesome kid :)

He's spot on though, your looking great :)
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    That is lovely! That would be worth more than seeing the scale move to me! I love when kids say something like that because its completely honest. When its your adult friends, they put it differently, and its not quite so genuine :(
    Congratulations on a lovely sounding son too :)
  • CoRyan2
    CoRyan2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That’s awesome, kids just don’t realise the impact the have on our lives.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! So happy you are one of my friends.
  • Bubbl3s25
    Bubbl3s25 Posts: 210
    Options
    So happy for you! So happy you are one of my friends.
    Big smiles
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!