New and looking for support

Options
Well, i really need a lifestyle change and welcome all suggestion you may have on how to handle food anxiety.
Food is such a wonderful and horrible thing.
I would like to learn how to recondition myself after struggling with nicotine accept that it is something in the past, and food is not the substitute having gained 30lbs and no option to start smoking again looking for support from anyone that finds themselves facing a food addiction if I don’t learn to control myself around food.

Replies

• msconnieg
    Options
    Hi, my name is Connie and I am new to the program as well. It sounds like you have done a great job with reconditioning yourself. I am trying to lose weight and stop smoking and it find it hard. Joining MFP is helping me at least keep track of what I am eating. Pre-diabetic, HBP, high cholestrol, the works. I will be 64 next month and I need to get my life focused and on the right track..

I did you stop smoking? I want to start working on that bad habit as well but don;t want to stress myself out. You keep up the good work, you have already motivated me..
  • Ninnylicious
    Options
    Hey guys, feel free to add me, lovable aussie and regular !! xx
  • rieckfam
    rieckfam Posts: 1
    Options
    Just got the fit bit but have been using MFP since January really getting motivated and want to join in a support network for feedback and etc:smile:
  • manda_panda0238
    manda_panda0238 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello ive been one here a while just started tracking all the time in feb... new to message boards though. I saw ur
    post and just want to say your talking to a food junkie.... addicted to food can be managed and beat. 9 lbs down since
    Feb 2 nd. Not easy and i had a few bad weeks. Even if its bad write it down see my diary today. Lol. Ur allowed
    To be human just be accountable to urself and ppl on here... i share my fitnesspal stuff on facebook to
    Help too. Feel free to add me here and read my story at mannersandmars.wordpress.com :) look forward to
    talking to u.
    Amanda :)