work out videos that may also help encourage your child

Options
Does anyone know of any workout videos that may also get your child involved.
My son is just over two so nothing extreme obviously, and no he is not overweight or anything.

Just lately I have not been able to work out because he will not let me, and my videos and elliptical he obviously cannot do. And for the past 2 months when it has come to bedtime he has been no where near ready and will throw the biggest fit for an hour to not go to bed. (I put him down at 8).
He does go to daycare mon-fri while I am at work and I am sure he stays fairly active there. But, at the same time it seems as though he is not getting worn out.
I do goof off with him in the house chasing him around a bit after dinner and getting him moving but it seems like that is not enough. And by the time he does fall asleep to where I can do anything it is around 9 and I am ready to go to bed because I get up at 6 with him in the morning every morning and go and work all day.

So all summed up, know of any fun videos that will also help grab a childs attention to get moving where I can get my heart rate up all at the same time?

Replies

• ecc4912
    ecc4912 Posts: 9
    Options
    I recently checked Fit Family Fun Circuit with Tonya Larson from our local library. She exercises with her husband (who has a baby attached to him in a baby carrier) and 3 other kids, who look ages 3-9. They have short exercise segments, plus a free style section. All my kids (ages 2-12) will do it with me.
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    really? Thank you! I am going to have to check into that tomorrow after work!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I never really looked for a specific video.. my 5 year old just wants to be like me and lift weights.. we let him lift his toys instead.
  • MakingApril
    MakingApril Posts: 178
    Options
    Honestly, try any xbox kincet games ( if you have xbox that is :P )
    But when my little bro wants to work out with me I just put on an easy dancing video like richard simmons or something, he kinda moves at his own pace, and if he does something like being able to do arm circles he just gets so happy x3
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My daughter enjoys yoga for kids. She is 7 though. I like it that it helps her slow down after a busy day at school. She does not do it regularly, but it is a good start. :smile:
  • ecc4912
    ecc4912 Posts: 9
    Options
    We'll also put on a music CD that has a fast moving beat & crank it up (Toby Mac is the kids' favorite at the moment.) The kids and I will dance. If our bodies are moving and heart rate is up, it counts! Of course the youngest child (2) wants to be held in my arms as I dance. oh well, I'll take what exercise I can get!
  • MakingApril
    MakingApril Posts: 178
    Options
    OH! Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McD6_oOWs-M

Fitness Blender workout with kids, my baby bro loves doing this, he just turned 3 so maybe try it out? :3
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    This program right here: http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/fit_kids_club.do

It is amazing! Yes, I am a BB coach, no that is not my referral link, so I am not trying to sell you. But it is a blast and works!
  • PietrosMom
    Options
    My son does the wii UFit Yoga with me and loves it.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    My son does the wii UFit Yoga with me and loves it.

Great suggestion!