RUGGED MANIAC OBSTACLE 5K

Options
Hey I am signing up for the Rugged Maniac Obstacle course run. It is a 5K with 20 obstacles.

Just wondering how many of you have done it and how did you train for it? Any advice would be helpful!

Replies

• ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I am doing in in May and cannot wait. This question has been asked before regarding other obstacle races and mostly people say simply adding in strength training along with running is fine.
  • rdrage73
    rdrage73 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    There are workouts targeted for performance for obstacle races like this one, Spartan Races, Tough Mudder, etc. They are Spartan WOD, or Workout of the Day. They are generally tough and strenuous but you can always modify for your fitness level to start. I can say they were a tremendous help for my when I was training for the Super Spartan. You can sign up and have them emailed to you daily. Here is the link: http://www.spartanrace.com/wod/
  • Losingbooty
    Losingbooty Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I exercise 3 hours a day! strength and cardio combined. I also have a personal trainer. I try to KILL it! My trainer thinks I will be okay! I hope he is right LOL!
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You'll be just fine!