weight loss tattoo??

Options
2»

Replies

• pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    How about a princess throwing a 100 pound dumbbell over the edge of a cliff when you reach the 100 pounds lost mark?
  • cynergie
    cynergie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My initial weight loss of 60 lbs gave me the idea for my 4th tattoo. It's a Lotus flower tattoo and beneath the flowers it says "Believe in Yourself" - in vietnamese (also a tribute to my asian heritage). I got it on the back of my neck :)
  • quiet_girl_bright_mind
    Options
    I'm getting a flower on my side when I turn 18 and when I reach my goal weight :)
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I keep joking I'm going to get a "Budda with a Six Pack" when I get to goal.
  • Audrey403
    Audrey403 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Getting a tattoo referencing Buffy The Vampire Slayer (the tv show). It will say "Every one of us". Basically, in the last episode of the series she tells all these girls (potential vampire slayers) that she wants to live in a world where all of us girls are strong, like her. Buffy (the character) has influenced so much in my life, and now that I'm at GW, I see that I am strong too.
  • buckaroos30
    buckaroos30 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have been planning to get one when I reach my goal weight and can hold there for a little while. I have decided on the back of my neck in a pretty font IN MEMORY the Y will come under the words with a small heart in the middle that will have the # of lbs lost which will be 76 when I get finished.23 more lbs till I am there.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am getting "soul of a warrior" in chinese on my left wrist when I finish my first half marathon in October. I hope to follow that up with "rock and roll" on my right wrist after I finish the PF Changs Rock and Roll marathon next January.
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    How about a princess throwing a 100 pound dumbbell over the edge of a cliff when you reach the 100 pounds lost mark?

That's awesome!
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    I have one (not for weight loss but still great for it...) that says "True victory is victory over oneself" :)
  • kgchisholm
    kgchisholm Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about getting "though she be but little, she is fierce" tattooed once I hit goal weight. Can't go wrong with Shakespeare since I'm an English teacher :)
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Well, a butterfly is a symbol of new beginnings and they can be very nice looking. I've got a couple, one on each wrist bone :)
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    I'm considering a couple of different ideas: "Fuerte es Bella" (Spanish for "Strong is beautiful") or "Poco a Poco" ("Little by Little"). I'm leaning for towards the latter, as weight loss is an incredible journey of patience and frustration, but once you hit your goal, it's rewarding and exciting.
    Spanish is a beautiful language, and I received my degree in it, which is why I want the words in Spanish.

Whatever you do, make sure it's personal to you. Get the design, hold onto it for awhile...a few months, at least. Look at it, make sure you're not tired of it. Don't rush into getting a tattoo. I have one on my foot (my first one) that I wish I could change because I had a friend draw it up for me and, while she's a good artist, she's not a tattoo artist and the tattoo reflects that.
  • 18to8FatToThin
    Options
    I have never considered having a tattoo, the permanence has never appealed and I just didn't think I was a 'tattoo person' but for a while now I have started to feel the inclination / desire to get one in relation to my weight loss journey.

It's become such a huge part of me, right down to my core :) I feel so passionate about it, it's in every part of me now. I toyed with the idea of getting one a few months back but the permanence of it still put me off. But I keep thinking about it, and that little inclination has grown into a full desire, and on to an urge.

I want to get the words, "Which woman do you want to be?" tattoo'd on my inner wrist. It's not just in relation to weight loss, but it largely is. I think I'd be happy to have those words there for life, as a reminder to myself of what I can be - in both good potential, and disastrous alike.

Now the only thing holding me back is what other people may think. It's quite a revealing tattoo I suppose. Still, I have taken to writing the question there myself in pen each morning and it helps me keep my focus. If that carries on, I may as well get it tattoo'd there to save me the bother ;)
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Getting a tattoo referencing Buffy The Vampire Slayer (the tv show). It will say "Every one of us". Basically, in the last episode of the series she tells all these girls (potential vampire slayers) that she wants to live in a world where all of us girls are strong, like her. Buffy (the character) has influenced so much in my life, and now that I'm at GW, I see that I am strong too.

^ Loved this show! :)
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I have 'cura te ipsum' written in Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas font on my hip. The latin proverb means 'cure thyself' as I used to have anorexia and it reminds me to cure what caused me so much pain, stress and anxiety. It reminds me to keep on the right path and have a normal relationship with food :)

:flowerforyou: I love this.
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have 6 now and want a few more.. When all my weight is gone I want something don't know what yet but going to have the amount of weight I lost done in Roman Numerals.
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I agree with "never give up" on a certain part of your body to encourage you to keep going!

I am planning on someday getting my daughter's name and Birthday which always helps keep me motivated.

You could get a good weight loss quote like- "Pain is temporary, quitting is forever" or "Can you imagine the view from the top of the mountain!"
  • thintor
    thintor Posts: 33
    Options
    i am getting "you are enough" in hebrew.. i think on the inside of my elbow or on my wrist.
    because hopefully i will hit goal by the end of the summer, the same time i'll finish my thesis.

just as a reminder that i, alone, am enough. i don't need to be perfect, i just need to be me.