No More Excuses -- Week 33

Options
We must all be on vacation, there were NO LOSERS THIS WEEK!!!! Hawkeye, I have to admit, you gain the weight almost as impressively as you lose it. ;-)

MFP-32.jpg

Ann, since you were the smallest gainer, you get to figure out what our punishment must be.

So for anyone who wants to join. During your 1st week in the group, send me your starting weight, last Sunday's weight, and this week's weigh in (we do them on Sunday). All information must be sent to me by noon Central on Monday. All subsequent week's you just have to give me your current weight from Sunday by noon on Monday.

This is an open group, and we love to have new people join. If you want to join, go ahead and start posting, tell us about yourself, we have been doing this diet thing a while and may be able to answer a lot of our questions!!!!

Replies

• tericamp
    tericamp Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi! My name is Teri. I have been working out hard for the past three weeks, but not losing any weight. My clothes are fitting more loosely, so I'm losing inches, but my weight has remained constant. I have been told it's because *gasp* I'm not eating enough? Never thought that would be a reason why I wasn't losing weight. Anyway, I thought tracking my food might motivate me to eat more healthy and hopefully lose weight and not just inches (although I'm not complaining about losing inches) :happy: .
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    The key is to measure what you exercise and eat. Use this site to record your calories and exercise. Eat all the the added calories from exercise as this speeds up the metabolism and makes you stronger, rebuilds what you broke down faster, etc etc.. The best part about a speedy metabolism is you lose weight in your sleep, and thats the best way to lose weight!!!! I also recommend you eat 5 or more times a day versus 3 times a day. The extra two times you eat can be meals as small as a protein bar or a serving of pretzel crips, think of it as if you are fueling a camp fire, better to keep it hot, then to let it die down and then refuel it.

Then there is the obvious, stay away from stuff high in saturated fat (meaning all sausage and fried foods which are my favorites). Diet is everything, the nutrition element is what dictates the weight loss. I am on maintenance mode now, but when I was logging everythign I ate, I lost about 2 pounds a week like clockwork. I still exercise the same amount as I did, but I actually gain weight now because.............I am not really practicing what I am preaching up above. :embarassed:

Good luck, the key to this diet and exercise thing is to commit to it completely while you are doing it!!!!!
  • tericamp
    tericamp Posts: 19
    Options
    Awesome! I have been trying to eat mostly fruits and vegetables, and if I use oil it is usually EVOO (olive oil), but last week when I hadn't seen any progress on my weight, I broke down and had a burger from Backyard Burgers (mmm). I also am having a rough time giving up Coca Cola, but I haven't had any today so that's one more day toward my goal. :) Anyway thank you for your advice I am going to put it to use!
  • tigermom79
    tigermom79 Posts: 740
    Options
    Hi Teri and welcome to the group!!!

Where the HECK did everyone go????? That is one sad week I have to say!!!! So.....I know the reason I didn't loose was because I didn't log....I have to log it to be accountable.

So that being said I think our first challenge is to log everything that goes in our mouth!!! Then I would challenge each of us to look at one other member of our teams log and help them where we see problems. Try and pick a different person each day. Don't know if that will help us or not, but worth a shot!!!!

I think we all realize that we have to do the water thing.....

As far as exercise, I think we all need to pick 2 strength exercises and commit to doing 50 of them a day. Mine are going to be crunches and side bends with a 10 lb weight. My tummy is my problem area so that is what I want to focus on this week!

Kay team......HERE WE GO....This week has got to be better.!

Ann
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi all...Have been very busy lately and having a hard time logging (partly because my computer keeps locking up when I try to log onto MFP). I like the goal of logging everything I eat. Thanks for the challenge, Ann. My goal this week is going to be getting back to a regular exercise routine. I feel myself slipping back into my old ways as my life gets busier for the summer. My hubby and I are going to the gym in the morning. Hopefully him getting back to a regular workout after his knee surgery will also help me. I'll send my weight again next week no matter how bad it is! Hope you all have a wonderful evening.

Teri...Welcome to our group:flowerforyou:
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    I was absent this week because I was computerless. I just got it back, up and running. I am too late to be on the chart this week and I too have been not logging my food and actually up 1 pound again. So next week I vow to be down and I am starting tomorrow logging in my food and exercise.

I will be back on the chart next week and I will be down. How is that for positive thinking!!!:happy:

smwert
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Morning Team,

Thanks for the chart Jack. The gaining part comes much easier to me than the losing. I knew when I was entering the maintenance mode that it would be a seesaw for quite some time and that's ok by me as long as I can continue to lose what I gain.

Hope everyone has a great week and welcome to our newbies.

Hawkeye
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    ok, I logged all my food so far today. If I keep this up, my number might start heading in the right direction again.

I still need to kick the sausage biscuit at McDonalds habit.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Well I don't think I will be out for a walk today, unless maybe later when hubby can watch the kids, and I can go myself. Got more rain last night, so it is kind of mucky out so don't want to take the stroller. Got a silly head cold yesturday. My nose is stuffed, throat soar, one egg plugged. Feel like crap. Started logging food yest. Ate too much lunch today, should have just had one sandwich with a salad, instead of 2 sandwiches. Oh well. Will check back in later on, hope everyone is having a good day.

Ann, I like the challenges, I think I will take you up on yours, with the crunches and sidebends, and add in some arms as well.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning team......I successfully logged all my food yesterday but didn't get my crunches done! Actually I forgot! EGADS! Will get that done today!

After logging it says I should be at 149.5 in 5 weeks. I don't know how accurate that is. I feel like I am at a Plataea because I am up and down 1 or 2 pounds at a time. I really wish I could figure out what my body wants me to do.....I truly believe I need to eat more, but of the right stuff. I find myself doing the ice cream and cookies crap which adds the calories but the wrong kind of calories. I was good this morning and planned my day. Hopefully it will work. Am off to log stuff in advance for the day. I have found that I stick to it better if I do that!

Everyone have a great day!
    Ann
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning team......I successfully logged all my food yesterday but didn't get my crunches done! Actually I forgot! EGADS! Will get that done today!

After logging it says I should be at 149.5 in 5 weeks. I don't know how accurate that is. I feel like I am at a Plataea because I am up and down 1 or 2 pounds at a time. I really wish I could figure out what my body wants me to do.....I truly believe I need to eat more, but of the right stuff. I find myself doing the ice cream and cookies crap which adds the calories but the wrong kind of calories. I was good this morning and planned my day. Hopefully it will work. Am off to log stuff in advance for the day. I have found that I stick to it better if I do that!

Everyone have a great day!
    Ann
  • hawkeye01
    Options
    Morning Team,

I know what you mean about eating the wrong food Ann. The way I look at it is this. Before I was working out on a regular basis and eating much healthier foods, I was eating a ton of CRAP. That's what got me so overweight. Well now that I am doing all the right things, I feel it's totally ok to indulge every once in a while. But I always make sure I log it. If you don't log it, I think our minds act as it was never eaten and that's the big mistake we make. So as long as the crap isn't the only food entering your mouth and you are staying within your alotted calories and logging it, I say go for it. We have to have something to look forward to every now and then.

Hawkeye
  • renaegry
    Options
    Well I totally feel like crap with this head cold. Hubby and son are off to the farm, so it will just be my daughter and me today. Hope to get ambitious enough to clean the bathroom, vacuum, and go for a walk. Did the side bends yesturday, but didnt do anything else, will try to today. Did not make good food choices today, so today is a new day, and I hope to eat well.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Happy hump day all...We are still working on the pool. I feel like we will never finish. It is about 97 degrees here, soooo hot. We have to take frequent breaks from the heat. Hope to be finished by Sunday, we'll see. I've had a good day so far. I logged my food for the day and hopefully I can stick to it. See y'all tomorrow.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Where did everybody go?? Happy Friday all...One step closer to finishing the pool. I can't wait! It has been almost 100 degrees here every day. Today it is going to "cool down" to 93 with a possible thunderstorm, yeah!!! I have a birthday party on Saturday for my niece who is turning 1 so I'll have to have some cake. I am off to the gym this morning when I take my youngest to vacation bible school. I have really been slacking on the exercise. Hope you all have a great weekend.
  • hawkeye01
    Options
    TGIF Everyone!

I hope each of you have a great active weekend. Mine will consist of mostly yard work which will burn a few calories I am sure. I wasn't very good watching what I ate yesterday so I need to do a better job today and this weekend.

I hope to have a good workout tonight and do a little extra.

Take care, Hawkeye
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Morning team!

Hope all are doing well. I have been doing fairly well until this morning and someone brought in donuts AND Iced coffee!!! EGADS.....And I am going out to lunch with a friend that is moving away! Oh well.....hopefully the week-end will be good. I have been doing well on my exercising and walking and crunches. Man....my stomach is finally beginning to feel the crunches!!! YEAH!!!

Have a busy week-end ahead. Going to check out a lake on Saturday and then Sunday my hubby and oldest son are going for a motorcycle ride. Think I will stick around the house and play catch up!!!!

Everyone have a great one!
    Ann
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning Team!!!! Well here it is weigh in again already!!!! Holy Cow! Back down to 158 this week. I just told Jack I wish it would stay off and I would keep loosing instead of doing this up down up down thing!!!!!! It is so easy to gain......

I think I need to change things up. Don't know how, but I think that would help.....Anyone have suggestions??????

Today is going to be my cleaning day. All the males in my family are off for a motorcycle ride. Our oldest came in last night so off they go!!!!! I have a lot of catch up to do since my hubby and I went off and played in the mountains yesterday!

So......everyone have a super Sunday!
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Good morning! My name is Isabel I have been up and down on the scale most of my life. Today is no exception. I weighed in 3 pounds heavier than last week. I only had one bad day, which was yesterday. So I'm not even going to count today's weigh in. I would like to join this group. It looks like fun and keeps you accountable. Please add me.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Good day all, and welcome Isabel. Well I know I have said this probably every day this last few weeks, and I am going to say it again. Today is the last day of my pig out, and I am going to get back at it tomorrow. My goal this summer is to break 150. I seem to hover between 156-158, so I want to break that. And then I will battle the rest in the Fall, I will reass my goals yet again and my goal is to be down to 140 Jan1, 2011.

I am over being sick, and we are going camping on Wed night till Sun. I know we will be drinking and eating, but hopefully I can stay active enough to counter it.

My biggest down fall I think is that I got off the treadmill, I do maybe 3 days a week a 30 min walk, and burn anywhere from 250-350, but I know that isnt enough. I really have to work on my stomach, and thighs/hips. So those are the areas I am going to target this week. Hope everyone had a good week.