Insanity every other day?

Options
For those who have done Insanity, do you think it would be beneficial if I did it every other day as opposed to the 6-day schedule? I currently work out at the gym every other day but was interested in subsidizing with Insanity. I'm not sure if I would be over-doing it by doubling up on my gym days but I'm also not sure if I would get positive results from alternating days.

I understand that it wouldn't be a total loss since doing SOMETHING is better than not doing anything and it would take much longer to achieve results.

Anyone have experience with this sort of schedule?

Thanks.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    For those who have done Insanity, do you think it would be beneficial if I did it every other day as opposed to the 6-day schedule? I currently work out at the gym every other day but was interested in subsidizing with Insanity. I'm not sure if I would be over-doing it by doubling up on my gym days but I'm also not sure if I would get positive results from alternating days.

I understand that it wouldn't be a total loss since doing SOMETHING is better than not doing anything and it would take much longer to achieve results.

Anyone have experience with this sort of schedule?

Thanks.

it depends on your fitness level i think - but as long as you are keeping a rest day once per week, then why not try it?
  • SteppyRohr
    SteppyRohr Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity and am debating an every other day workout plan too but because I am experiencing discomfort in my knees. I just finished P90X but I was alternating some of their cardio days with jogging and working out in the gym. I personally struggle following a set schedule and realize my results may not be as quick as those who follow them strictly. But I also agree with you that doing SOMETHING most days of the week is what counts. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity and am debating an every other day workout plan too but because I am experiencing discomfort in my knees. I just finished P90X but I was alternating some of their cardio days with jogging and working out in the gym. I personally struggle following a set schedule and realize my results may not be as quick as those who follow them strictly. But I also agree with you that doing SOMETHING most days of the week is what counts. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

i am doing insanity 'when i can'. the 6 days a week is difficult - basically because i have a soial life as well, and i dont WANT to give that up!

i did day 16 yesterday, which has taken me about 30 actual days - and i can definitely see results. i know i would see better results if i did the 6 days a week, but i am still seeing results so i am happy.

if you feel you need the extra rest, then do it, as time goes by you may not need it as you get stronger.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I tried Insanity 6 days a week and by the end of month 1 I was exhausted and quit. I also wasn't eating nearly enough. I now do the gym 3 days a week, and Insanity 3 days a week. I'm only a month in, but for now it seems to be working.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    it's totally ok! i do hybrid programs all the time. i did a p90x/insanity asylum hybrid and it was incredible!
  • SteppyRohr
    Options
    it's totally ok! i do hybrid programs all the time. i did a p90x/insanity asylum hybrid and it was incredible!

I think I am about to try the P90X/Insanity Hybrid. I think I need something to put in between those consecutive high impact days! See if it helps with my knee discomfort.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options

I think I am about to try the P90X/Insanity Hybrid. I think I need something to put in between those consecutive high impact days! See if it helps with my knee discomfort.

you'll see the most amazing results when you combine strength training with HIIT cardio
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options

I do Insanity 6 days a week along with the 30 DS three of those days in conjuction. Im very serious about this advice, if you are experienceing knee discomfot your landing way to hard and you should slow down and improve your form. ALSO take time to stretch even after your cool down stretch i usually do Yoga on the weekends early in the morning, i do not log this burn as to me its too stretch out the pounding Insanity gives me.

Most people think they have to push as hard as the crew on the dvd this is NOT true form over speed always always always! :) good luck with the insanity p90x hybrid that sounds tough!
  • jabrock9
    jabrock9 Posts: 65
    Options
    That's exactly what my husband and I do. Three days of Insanity and the other three days everything from running, tabata, weights, etc... We're almost through the first phase and it's been going very well.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Make it fit you. The 60 days is the challenge, but it's just a tool to get results.
  • tdelo7634
    tdelo7634 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I did P90X/Insanity hybrid for my second round. Took me almost 5 months. Worked well, lost 12 more pounds,
  • shannonsjourney1
    shannonsjourney1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    what was your schedule for the p90x/insanity hybrid? Im finishing up p90x and was thinking of doing this but not sure where to start.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'll give it a go every other day along with lifting on opposite days and see what happens!
  • mindyjo74
    mindyjo74 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You need to do what works for you and your schedule! :happy: Im on week 7 of Insanity and im doing it 6 days a week. Its a struggle to fit it in but its working for me. Good luck!!
  • amberleighxoxo1
    Options
    I am 224lbs and I do insanity every other day. Honestly because i am just to fat and unfit to do it everyday but that's OK, my plan is to do month one every other day, then re-do month one on the 6 day schedule then move on to month 2.
  • SteppyRohr
    Options

I do Insanity 6 days a week along with the 30 DS three of those days in conjuction. Im very serious about this advice, if you are experienceing knee discomfot your landing way to hard and you should slow down and improve your form. ALSO take time to stretch even after your cool down stretch i usually do Yoga on the weekends early in the morning, i do not log this burn as to me its too stretch out the pounding Insanity gives me.

Most people think they have to push as hard as the crew on the dvd this is NOT true form over speed always always always! :) good luck with the insanity p90x hybrid that sounds tough!

if you are experienceing knee discomfot your landing way to hard and you should slow down and improve your form.

I do work at my own pace because I realize that I cannot keep up with the folks on the program. I am a stickler for proper form and always keep that in check. I am beginning to realize that I just cannot do consecutive days of high impact. Even when running, I tend not to do more than two days in a row without a cross train day to give those joints/muscles a break. I will keep working and changing things up until I find what works for me! Happy Friday everyone!