What do you do for those cravings ?

Options
You know, the "I-should-be-sleeping-this-late-at-night-slash-early-in-the-morning-but-can't-sleep" ones

Replies

• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    If food is keeping me awake, I eat something.

If not, I do my best to sleep. Or read a book.
  • dharqvenym
    Options
    If I have the calories for it. I indulge a little. If not I drink some more water and do something to take my mind off it,
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I drink a nice tall glass of water, tell myself I am not actually hungry, and GO TO BED.
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If my stomach actually hurts, a small slice of wholewheat toast or a bit of yoghurt, then bed. Basically something under 100 calories that's going to keep me full for a while.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning so.. I just think about how depressed I will be if I made it through the entire day and then pigged out before bed. I have this problem when I go out and have 2 glasses of wine. I have been maintaining for 6 months but... I am woking on going out, eating the correct things, budgeting for the wine in food calories and NOT coming home and binging. I have succeeded a few times and another challenge tonight. I am going to come home, take a bath and go to bed. NOT EXTRA FOOD!!!
  • Gyroid
    Gyroid Posts: 12
    Options
    I usually save one of my late night snacks (in my regular calorie intake.) for right before bed. that way I have something in my stomach for the night.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Just to be clear... Are we talking actual hunger or just wanting to eat because you can't sleep and you're bored?

If you're actually hungry, eat something. A Tbsp of peanut butter is my favorite go-to for times like this. Even if you've already met your daily calories, going over by 100 measly calories now and then isn't going to be that big of a deal. I figure if my body is calling for calories/nutrients, I'm going to give it what it wants.
    Also, think about how you've eaten that day and how you could improve it. I know sometimes if I've had more carby things that are less satisfying, I may end up being hungry at the end of the day. Maybe you need more protein and healthy fats in your diet?

If you're just awake and bored, find something to do. Read a book, play games on your phone/computer, chew gum, do some exercises, surf the net, watch a movie, etc...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Assuming it's not true hunger because I've done something silly like eat way too few calories in an attempt to quickly lose weight, I brush my teeth, go to bed and either read until I fall asleep, or see if the hubs is up for burning off a few calories. :wink:
  • gmove
    gmove Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ah! Cravings! The root of evil ;)
    Drink a glass of water. Unless you stuffed yourslef at dinner, have a snack! (under 100 and low in carbs/sugar)

If I go to bed hungry, my diabetic body will dump sugar. Argh!

Don't let your body starve, or think it's starving.