I have no idea whats happend to me.

Options
I've lost 51 pounds. Changed my lifestyle, changed my workouts and I'm still motivated but its wierd. I'll get out of the shower or be changing clothes and I look down at myself and all I see is everything I need to tighten up...all the wieght I have to lose every place that looks sloppy. But I look in the mirro and I look ok. I look through my own eyes and i get motivated, I get mad and I work out. But I'll catch myself in the mirror and its the total opposite. Anyone else have this going on?

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I think about girls usually when I'm in the shower . . . .
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've done a kick-*kitten* job, and just geared up to keep improving... probably your mind/emotions haven't caught up with your progress or your new body. As long as you can recognize the successes, I think it's ok. My loss was about half yours and I definitely notice the areas I want to tone up and feel myself pinching areas sometimes too, particularly around the lower belly, the inner thighs, etc.... I think it's completely natural. Just stay your course and don't judge too harshly when clearly you've done great so far. Congrats on the new lifestyle.
  • MeanMasheen
    Options
    Your progress is seen by OTHERs first and only when substantial changes happen do you see it... The reason is because you observe it every day and every second and that makes it hard to see changes.... Of course one thing you can actually do is measure your body fat using a Skin Fold Caliper (Make sure you measure the same places each time) then you can find out if the percentage is the same or it keeps changing (up or down) if its down its good.... nothing to change.. if its up... then change your food and stuff based on your requirements....
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. You've done a cracking job and as an older lady I feel safe enough to say....You're looking 'HOT' and you should be proud of yourself.

It's just your mindset that needs to catch up with your achievements and it will. :smile:
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Yes, your brain has to catch up with your body. It can take a while sometimes. I had the same thing when I was overweight. I knew I was but I didn't see myself like that. I was always shocked if I caught sight of myself in a shop window or saw a photograph. Now I have lost weight I see myself as bigger than I am because my brain hasn't caught up. I don't know if it ever will lol.

Just enjoy being the new you and know you look fantastic. Flaunt that new found body :) enjoy.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    haha yeah i do that. scale cooperates, clothing cooperates, get naked and all of a sudden it's 'grr that bits jiggling!' 'damn, that muscle would look so much better if it were like this' etc etc etc
  • JacksMachine
    JacksMachine Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That makes sense, I feel like I see this target area and I'm like "ok pal, you're next" its just adding fuel to the fire.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    That makes sense, I feel like I see this target area and I'm like "ok pal, you're next" its just adding fuel to the fire.

yup. i use other peoples comments as positives and my own observations as a plan. :)
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. But I also allow myself to enjoy the positives. For example, my legs are killer, toned, lean, mean awesome machines. No fat anywhere on them and very muscular. Then I get to my gut and love handles and moobs and I get mad. Then I get a peak at my very outstanding triceps and I am glad again. But the biceps could sure use some definition. And my shoulders. Don't get me started on those. Then I get up to my head and pull out my picture on my driver's license from 60 lbs ago and I feel happy again. All of that adds up to the motivation that keeps me going for my target weight. So, you are normal. And you look good, BTW.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Just be weary of body dysmorphia, don't forget to embrace your accomplishments and stay focused you are doing great!