New To MFP support & friends needed

Options
I am currently trying to change my lifestyle to a healthier one. Tired of being frustrated with the way I feel and look. All support and friends who would like to give advice or just help me through to my goals, I will appreciate very much. It's very hard to do alone, I have tried before on other sites and have let myself slack off and return to where I am now. So, hopefully this time I won't let that happen. I will support you through your journeys to a new and healthier lifestyle as well. I wish everyone the best in your goals.

Replies

• wdshell
    wdshell Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi :) Well done on choosing a healthier lifestyle! Its all about prioritising and staying consistent. I wish you well on achieving your goals. Happy to help with motivation/support if i can :)
  • variaironhawk
    Options
    Welcome, you have chosen well. I tried other sites too and only MFP helped me bust thru a plateau I hit. I started off at 285 and currently weigh in at 214. I joined MFP at 226 as I was plateauing and thru consistency I managed to break thru. My whole body has changed and my doctor is thrilled, I have more energy and fewer of the medical issues I dealt with for years. Good luck and if you need a friend to help hold you accountable or anything, hit me up. I do this on my own for the most part, but have not missed a day since I joined. You can do this, I never thought I could do it, but I can't even imagine going back to the way I used to eat. It would make me sick, now!
  • alipene
    alipene Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    This is a great site and you'll find plenty of support here. I'm just about maintaining now, but I'd be happy to support if you want to add me :)
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Because you r new please read this, it will help u a lot! It was a breath of fresh air for me! You don't need to starve yourself to get fit so please get your numbers right. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912914-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013 Hope it helps! Good luck!
  • LeoQuin
    LeoQuin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Lets do like NASA and Rock-It!
  • bridge1101
    bridge1101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi im new to MFP and i love it! I've started my fitness program this week and Ive started with Zumba core on my wii.
    Today I added Billy Blanks Ab bootcamp to my work out.

Last I weighed in I was about 167 lbs...this was around a month ago. Then I moved to the UK, and since then I havent been keeping track of my weight or food, or anything. This weekend, Ill purchase scale and get a more accurate reading.

My goal is to ultimately get to 135. But I hate the gym, so im using fun fitness videos and trying extremely hard to regulate what im eating.
    Its taken me a while to get the motivation I need to start working out..but i'm finally here, and I want to see how far I can go!
  • Kannu55
    Kannu55 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a low carber from India. 47 years old / I prefer to call myself 47 years young as I consider myself reborn after opting to go low carb 1 year back. I have already lost 58 lbs and hope to lose some 30 lbs more. i am in no hurry so made low carbing my life style-- for me its a sugarfree and grainfree life style. I love to whipup a low carb storm with every day easily available food. Please visit my page on fb--- it will be a pleasure---- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Low-Carb-Weightloss/354285474685364?ref=hl

Reach this for interesting low carb recipes. A few likes won't hurt. ;-)

Low Carb Weightloss
    weight loss on low carb is easy and this page will be a great assistance in loosing weight fast and keeping it too.
    Page: 92 like this