Where are my 5-ft friends?!

Options

Replies

• c_porcayo
    Options
    I am 5'2! I use to weigh about 105lbs before my kids and I was skinny. Size 1... but boney and not in shape at all :/ I think it really all depends you shouldn't go based off weight you should just tone and gain muscle and see how you look in the mirror in base it off of that because some people are 5'0, 5'1 and 5'2 and 115-135lbs and are not over weight, and are fit, muscular (not overly cause we are women) but also healthy and in shape!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Don't compare yourself to other people because there are sooo many factors that go into what is a healthy weight for you. I am 5'2" and I am working on building muscle, so my weight is going up. I am about 102 or 103 right now. I love to meet other short ladies.
  • caddygarcia123
    caddygarcia123 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump! But I'm 5'0 and weigh 160 lbs =( highest I've ever been is 180lbs . I guess like everyone else I am aiming for 120 as my goal weight but my ultimate goal weight would have to be 115lbs! so 40lbs more to go!
  • jadums
    jadums Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and at my most fit, I was 122 lbs and a size 0 with a 26-27 inch waist. I could fit into size 14 children jeans for goodness sakes!!!! Forget what your weight is. How do you feel? How do you look, healthy or emaciated? What size are you?

Let me put it into perspective. Marilyn Monroe was a size 12. So was Elizabeth Taylor I belive (have you not seen the fat rolls that come out of the backs of their dresses in the movies??? And she was still sexy as hell). Lots of skinny people are unhealthy because they have no actual fitness. Lots of fit people have excess fat on them. Stop when you feel great, when you like the clothes you can buy, when you are reasonably toned without being skeletal. Aim for strength and cardio fitness.

And don't make BMI your bible !!! It was a measure created based on men of average height and doesn't take into account natural body shape (ectomorph, endomorph, mesomorph)

As for big boobs (which I also have).... most boobalicious starlets these days (Scarlet Johanssen for instance) have 36 Ds to 36DDs so don't fret if you think your boobs are huge. And as far as I hear it (and I hear it all the time) the men, they loves the boobs!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' as well and seem to be tipping the scales in this thread since my starting weight was 202. While a lot of people can do a weight near 100, I've always had a heavy muscular build and used to be a size 2/4 at 120 pounds, so that's about where I'm aiming now. Can't say what you should set as your goal since it varies by the individual; try setting smaller goals (every 5 pounds for example) and evaluate as you go.

I was heavier! I started at 228.4lbs...and I am just NOW about 1lb lighter than you were when you started!
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' as well and seem to be tipping the scales in this thread since my starting weight was 202. While a lot of people can do a weight near 100, I've always had a heavy muscular build and used to be a size 2/4 at 120 pounds, so that's about where I'm aiming now. Can't say what you should set as your goal since it varies by the individual; try setting smaller goals (every 5 pounds for example) and evaluate as you go.

I was heavier! I started at 228.4lbs...and I am just NOW about 1lb lighter than you were when you started!
    Huzzah, now neither of us is all alone in the 5'/200lb club! Awesome job on your loss so far!
  • hparker2
    hparker2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and always have been athletic. First year of college I got up to 135 and lost it over time. That is the most i have weighed, apart from pregnancy weight, where I hit 150. Nursing my daughter brought me down to 105! I never thought I would reach that number with my build. I have put on some weight now and range between 110 and 113, but I do think it's muscle mass, as I'm getting more definition in my stomache. I do agree that us "shorties" have to work twice as hard to be fit!
  • rachael52
    rachael52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" and depending on the day, I hover around 113 or 114, and what a difference it makes from the 119 or 120 I was at. Seriously, I have a waist now and get back into most of my pants.

At age 60, I am pretty sure realistically I'll never be 100 or 105. I think it's great that many of you are, but it's almost definitely not going to happen to me. I'm not big on exercise and probably never will be. If I ever get that thin it'll probably be because I'm pretty sick (knock on wood that this won't happen).

I'd be happy to lose a few more, but frankly, if I can maintain right now, I'd be happy. I'm logging my calories and exercise on MFP and I do "eat my exercise calories." I feel as if I've been less than honest in the past week while on vacation, estimating a big handful of crackers as 80 cals. when I know it's more.

Today is a new day, it's 9:14 am where I live and I'm going to log accurately today. Normally I use up pretty much all my calories and don't feel very deprived.

Off to buy blueberries!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I need some other people to compare to/maybe motivate me more! I am exactly 5'0, I'm a little one haha! I used to weight 118-120 and was comfortable with my weight, and I got up to 138 and was EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE. Yuck. So far I'm back down to 128 and I've just begin. My goal is/was 115lbs, and I plan on gaining muscle and toning up, but I'm just wondering should I aim for a lower weight? I've seen 5'1 or 5'2 people weight less than that...so maybe I should aim closer to 100?!

5'1 here :) I personally think, 120 - 125, toned, is a very healthy goal. When (long ago, unfortunately) I was between 110-115, people told me I looked like a bobble head, too thin. I would suggest, look for a healthy goal, which you sound as though you are, but that you are comfortable with. Don't focus on a number so much. Good luck :)
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    this is my first day....I love the site...I am 5'1 and weigh 127...at.58 ...it feels like alot to me right now...I am small framed and weight watchers say my goal weight should be 98.....thats way to low for me...but I feel great at 112-115...so thats what I am aiming for,...good luck to all of us!! great group!!

Remember that the "98" you reference, is the absolute lowest for ANYONE at that height. I was with weight watchers for years, and had great success. I am also 5'1. They encouraged me to go onto maintanence at 120. Be realistic. Find your happy place, no matter the number.
  • sherise1214
    sherise1214 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and never ever was under 100 as an adult. I had curves though, I was a 36D and have a booty. I weighed 115 at the least. I was very active and walked everywhere. I had a flat toned waist and wore a size 6 since i had plenty of behind and hips, but i was not fat. I was curvy . So being 98 is relative to body type and size. My goal weight is 120 right now. I will have more muscle than i did then since i never lifted weights back then. So wait and see. Reexamine. You might like being that small, or want to gain more muscle and feel out more. But like everyone else says those are guidelines, not indicative of how your curves shape up.
  • rachael52
    rachael52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    To the woman who has gained about 10 or more pounds fast and is looking for inspiration, all I can say is that using MFP My Diary (journaling) is working extremely well for me. It's about awareness of what you eat, getting educated on calories (and nutrients if you use that feature), and being accountable. It's helped tons of people.
  • gettingto98
    Options
    i'm 5'1/2" and my weight fluctuates. currently, i'm around 97. i would love to get more toned though -- i still have a bit of a tummy unfortunately. i have the tinniest bone structure though so any extra weight looks bad on me. i looked very overweight at 120-125.
  • abbett72
    Options
    I just joined here, but I am 4'11 and last June I weighed 162 lbs. I dropped 30 lbs to 132 lbs in 5 months by dropping my carbs to around 20-30 grams a day. It has become a lifestyle change. I eat meat, cheese, vegetables, salads, nuts, eggs, and the like. It's been an amazing experience. I've done so many things before and this one works like no other. I got down to 128 lbs in December and then I relaxed some. I ate well during the week and relaxed on the weekends and got back up to 135. For the past 3 weeks, I have been doing 24 hour fasts (dinner to dinner) Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and have gotten back down to 128. I hope I can make it to 120 or 125 but it's very hard for me as I have a large frame and have an athletic build. My problem areas are the top part of my stomach and my legs. Ugh! But I'm gonna keep working as I've never felt better. I'm only 8 pounds over the weight on my driver's license that I put on there at age 16 and I'm 40. :)
  • Moretakitty
    Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone here is going down to what I consider is a real low weight. I am 50 years old and weighing 110-120 just seems really low. My all time high was 213 at 5'1".
    Could it be because I am older? I am looking to get to 150. Should I rethink and maybe go lower?

I am 42, so I relate more to what you are saying then the younger ladies here. Perhaps what you need to do is reach for 150 and then reevaluate then. See how you feel, look and then do what you need to do then.
    That's what i plan on doing... I'm personally reaching for 130. 145 was my first goal, and I've surpassed that and going for 130. At 130, I will then reevaluate and see if I want to maintain, or reduce further. I started at 180.

Good luck!
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and would kill to be as "fat" as you guys are! I haven't seen 135lbs in 17 years!

I am tentatively aiming for 145 even though I know that that is 10# into the "overweight" zone...

I think I am about 5'2 as well I'm 108kg, not sure how many lbs that it.
    Looking at your profile pic it seems like we are similar body shape.
    I've sent you a friend request, we can do this together :)

Everyone else is welcome to add me as a friend, I am on here every day.
  • Kirijyma
    Options
    I'm currently 5"2 weighing in at about 63kg which I think is about 140 pounds.
    Add me and anyone else similar you can add me too! It's always great motivation to have other shortys around and compare with. ^_^
  • thefitfriend
    thefitfriend Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i'm 5ft, my highest weight was 154lbs and i'm now 104-103 (haven't weighed myself for a while) my goal is 98lbs, im currently upping my cals slowly and moving toward maintanence :)
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    Heyyy fellow shorties! 4'11" and 163 here, goal weight is 115/120. I was 98 pounds in highschool, but since I'm a woman now Id like to kep a few curves. :)
    Feel free to add me!!
  • its4eli
    its4eli Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11.75".... yah, missed the 5'0" by that much.... Anyways, for me, my ultimate goal is 105 lbs.

In the past 10 years I have gone from 94 lbs to 137 lbs. I remember how I looked on each stage, and I remember feeling my best at 105 lbs. I have a small frame. I used to be a size 1 Short in pants/skirts/dresses and a size XS Petite in shirts/dresses when I was this weight.

Now I'm a size 6-8 Short & S-M Petite. I don't feel huge, and I don't look overweight, but still, I remember looking and feeling my best at 105 lbs.

I remember how I looked when I was 94-100 lbs, I looked and felt disgustingly skinny. I looked sick and anorexic, that is when I started drinking Ensure Plus and started to gain weight.