Combining weight watchers and Mfp?

Options
Does anyone combine weight watchers philosophies into their Mfp diet? In ww you're able to eat most fruits/veggies for 0 points. Does anyone not add their calories of fruits/veggies to Mfp diary and still have great success??

Replies

• leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    I don't..... unless I'm drastically under because I ate mostly fruits and vegs for the day. I do add banana and avocado. If I eat more than 1-2 cutie oranges then I add them because it starts to get out of control... lol.
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    I am a two-time life-timer!!!-I add all fruits & veggies!!!!-that's the biggest difference here on MFP-You need to count it all!!!!-I think that was one of my bigg problems on WW-you think you can eat all that veggies & fruit, but they do add up-especially the fruit & sugar-

you must log all-or it will be cheating the system-fruit & veggies DO have calories!!!!!-especially fruit!!!!
    :sad:
  • meriken
    meriken Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i follow weight watchers all the time and add my fruit im always under calories but over for protein and sugar for some reason. and as im pretty well my ideal weight but would like to lose about 3kilos im maintaining very well but not losing the weight i want to. Iam also a life member of 30 years. and tracking is the key i think.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I see this question a lot and I've never understood it - why would you not count fruit?

Let's say you eat on average 3 pieces of fruit a day, so for example:
    1 apple - 85 cals
    200g Grapes - 140 cals
    Medium banana - 100 cals

That's 325 cals a day. Over a week that's 2275 cals. Over a year, 118,300 cals, or the equivalent of 33lb of potential weight loss.

Count your fruit!
  • Brontosaurus521
    Options
    I used to be a member of WW and found the whole program to be very expensive and I wasted a whole year going nowhere. Joined MFP with exactly the results that I needed. Forget WW and concentrate on counting the calories and being aware of how your food groups work. It is simply not reasonable to expect that fruit does not count because clearly some of them have quite a reasonable calorie value. I incorporate a good level of fruit into my diet but it is all accounted for.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Does anyone combine weight watchers philosophies into their Mfp diet? In ww you're able to eat most fruits/veggies for 0 points. Does anyone not add their calories of fruits/veggies to Mfp diary and still have great success??

Absolutely not. This is because I was on weight watchers for about 6 months before venturing to MFP about a week ago. I didn't lose weight well on weight watchers; though I was consistent with tracking and staying under my points, as well as working out, I loaded up on fruits and veggies all day and while they have no points, they do have some serious sugar and calories. I track every BLT; bite, lick and taste. Every single morsel of food that passes through my lips gets tracked. It's the best way to be held accountable.
  • nm8962
    nm8962 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yep, I follow Weight Watchers. However, once WW changed the size of their tracking journal, I decided that I would use MFP for logging my food diary. I like the interaction with others at the WW meeting. Apparently, you can have MFP keep track of your WW PlusPoints too, but I have not been successful in getting that set up.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I've lost the majority of my weight following WW online. It's a good program if you follow it, even the free fruits and veggies. WW's tells you in its materials you have to be sensible with the fruit, it is not a free for all.

That said, I have been happy tracking at MFP for several weeks now (WW's as well). I wanted to look more in depth at my nutrional consumption. I am getting close to my goal and wanted a simple way to go forward forever. I track everything I eat or drink on MFP. Right now MFP is trumping WW's. I notice many days I am way below my points on WW, yet right on target with MFP. In my opinion the MFP tracker is superior. WW's does not do technology particularly well.

I see a lot of bashing of WW's here. Undeserved in my opinion. I see a lot of people who don't understand the program, yet claim it failed. They are not following it, and studying the materials.

In the end, it is all about creating a caloric deficit.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Loading up on fruits is not following the WW's program. It is in the materials.
  • jilletta81
    jilletta81 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think the ww philosophy lies in getting more fiber than other nutrients so of course choosing and apple over a 100 calorie pack is much more beneficial. Thanks for all the advice on this matter!