Gaining Weight?!!

Options
Ahhh whats going on!

I'm a 20 year old female, 5ft 5, I have a healthy diet (recently cut out wheat and dairy (not exactly strictly)) and I exercise 4 times a week. 1 pump class and 3 gym sessions a week which consists of mainly running (I also lift weights in the gym, but I don't log them)

The last 2 weeks however I've been gaining weight. NOTHING has changed in my diet or my exercise routine really. Its completely unexplainable, whats going on!!! Someone please help!

Replies

• __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I cant see your diary, but ill assume you eat 1200 calories. That isn't enough.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I cant see your diary, but ill assume you eat 1200 calories. That isn't enough.

1200 won't make her gain weight. she's more likely retaining water or underestimating her calories and eating a lot more than what she should be eating.
  • ipiddock
    ipiddock Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think you'll have to open your diary up to get some advice.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I have a healthy diet (recently cut out wheat and dairy (not exactly strictly)) and I exercise 4 times a week.

a healthy diet is not the same as eating at a deficit. as others have mentioned, without seeing your diary, there isn't much more anyone can say.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    How much weight are we talking here? A couple pounds could be just about anything but mostly it comes back to water weight. Too much sodium? Retaining water. Not enough water? Retaining water. Upped/altered the intensity of your workouts? Retaining water. That time of the month? Retaining water.

One gallon of water weighs about 8 pounds. Once you wrap your heard around that, it's not hard to imagine that your weight can fluctuate very easily with the slight tilting of water balance.

Could also just be that you're backed up and need a good BM.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It can be water, it might be what your eating, but its short range. Just keep up your working out and be carefull of what you eat. But enjoy life. It's a lifetime commitment. Short term doesn't matter

Basil
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Girl, we're all just gonna be guessing here if you don't give us more to work with. :/
  • shmoony
    shmoony Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    And what exactly do you think cutting out wheat and dairy have to do with losing weight?
  • rebeccalouu
    Options
    I didnt realise my diary wasn't open. It is now.

It could be water retention. I tend to bloat from the moment I wake up and eat anything.

It just seems so sudden, when I havent really changed anything in at least the last 10 weeks.
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Maybe cutting out the wheat is the culprit? I don't whether you have celiac disease or not, but I read that some celiacs gain weight after cutting out the gluten because now their body can finally absorb more food nutrients.
  • ipiddock
    ipiddock Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I didnt realise my diary wasn't open. It is now.

No it's not.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Look at her other forum posts. She struggles to eat 1200...
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Increase exercise or weight lifting different muscles will mean water retention.. 2 weeks.. do it for 3 months.
  • Arthur155
    Arthur155 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know when I gain weight (1-2 lbs.) it;s usually water weight.
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    you said you mostly run correct? try to go for interval running where you sprint as fast as you can for a minute then walk for 30 seconds so on and so forth.... that will help you burn calories all day not just while running good luck