Questionable comments

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I have been losing weight (and a lot of it)steadily over the last few months.

The majority of people are just in awe and supportive but there always seems to be a few that have to make "questionable" comments.

For example, there is one woman in my moms meetup group, and when she see's me she says "Tami, eat!!".....or "She never eats!"......like the only way I am losing weight this well is to starve and she needs to voice that or something.

And another woman said "No, I see Tami eat all the time!!"....and she replied "I don't believe it!!"

I mean, why is it SO hard to believe I am doing this the healthy way???? It's frustrating! Like she has to take away from my hard work or something.

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    I have been losing weight (and a lot of it)steadily over the last few months.

The majority of people are just in awe and supportive but there always seems to be a few that have to make "questionable" comments.

For example, there is one woman in my moms meetup group, and when she see's me she says "Tami, eat!!".....or "She never eats!"......like the only way I am losing weight this well is to starve and she needs to voice that or something.

And another woman said "No, I see Tami eat all the time!!"....and she replied "I don't believe it!!"

I mean, why is it SO hard to believe I am doing this the healthy way???? It's frustrating! Like she has to take away from my hard work or something.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    LOL This needs to be on my "MOST ANNOYING DIET TIPS???" post...LOL
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    clearly a sign of jealousy. I wouldn't spend a moment more thinking about it, I mean , look at yourself, you look gorgeous. Seriously. Why wouldn't someone be jealous?:flowerforyou:
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    clearly a sign of jealousy. I wouldn't spend a moment more thinking about it, I mean , look at yourself, you look gorgeous. Seriously. Why wouldn't someone be jealous?:flowerforyou:

Ditto!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Most people nowadays, with celebrities and models being portrayed as beautifully thin only to find out they have an eating disorder, think you must starve in order to look great. I think they might mean well, deep down.

They also need to learn that when you talk about someone behind their back, that person isn't supposed to actually HEAR the conversation!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Yeah, they are probably jealous, but it is a back handed compliment, because it speaks to just how well you've done! Keep it up, and keep eating!!! (Are you SURE you're not starving yourself???hehehe) :tongue:
    :flowerforyou:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Ask her if she'd like to join you for a day of eatting and Gym lol
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Yeah, they are probably jealous, but it is a back handed compliment, because it speaks to just how well you've done! Keep it up, and keep eating!!! (Are you SURE you're not starving yourself???hehehe) :tongue:
    :flowerforyou:

lol trust me! I eat well! On days I work out, I eat around 1800 cals and days I don't work out, I eat around 1400.

I guess it is a backhanded compliment. I am going to see her today, we will see what she has to say!! haha
  • brandyjo
    brandyjo Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm not sure why people feel the need to make such ignorant comments; but if I were guessing I would say probably coming from their own insecurities. They may justify their weight issues by insinuating your success comes from starving instead of hard work.
    I've only been on this site about a week and I've read many of your posts. I think you are both amazing for your weight loss and as a person. Congrats on your success so far!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I'm not sure why people feel the need to make such ignorant comments; but if I were guessing I would say probably coming from their own insecurities. They may justify their weight issues by insinuating your success comes from starving instead of hard work.
    I've only been on this site about a week and I've read many of your posts. I think you are both amazing for your weight loss and as a person. Congrats on your success so far!

Thanks so much brandy!! What a nice thing to say!!! :blushing:
  • TamTastic
    Options

Thanks hun!!! LOL!!

I just want to say "It's called working my *kitten* off and eating nutritious foods dumba$$!!!" hehehehe! KIDDING!
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I think also that people are just plain uneducated, yet feel the need to say something anyway. Think about how much you have learned since you have started your weight loss. Ignore them and just keep doing what you are doing! Great job by the way :smile:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    People are so ignorant sometimes. I had someone tell me that I exercised too much. I just wish that people would keep those sort of opinions to themselves.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

She's having a hard time handling the hawtness of Tami... *shrugs*

Tell her to stop hating you for being beautiful.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    LOL, next time just say, "because I TRY." That should be like a swift kick right in their patuties!

:tongue:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Next time walk up to her and shove a cupcake in your face real messy-like and say theeeeeerrre are ya happy now?! lol No, seriously though, people who say those things basically seem to want us to be fat again! They think that if we're fat it somehow makes them superior...or at least that is how I take it. Hold your head high hun, you are gorgeous! And SHEESH eat a sandwhich, would ya?! lol j/k!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Next time walk up to her and shove a cupcake in your face real messy-like and say theeeeeerrre are ya happy now?! lol No, seriously though, people who say those things basically seem to want us to be fat again! They think that if we're fat it somehow makes them superior...or at least that is how I take it. Hold your head high hun, you are gorgeous! And SHEESH eat a sandwhich, would ya?! lol j/k!

:laugh:

Or have a bite of celery & then run to the bathroom like you're gonna barf it up. That's what they're assuming anyway. :tongue:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Manda86 Say:

Tell her to stop hating you for being beautiful.

lol, yeah and film it and put it on you tube, then at the end of the conversation slap her with a giant trout! lol
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. When I lost my weight, people said that all the time, thinking I was starving myself, and exercise forget it, I was overdoing it:grumble: Health what a concept!! Then another comment I was getting, Oh I can't believe how good you look!! You can't? hmmm what did I look like before?
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    lol yeah! Do you know what my husband had the NERVE to say to me? LMAO He said "So how much did you weigh at the wedding? You are skinny now" ummm...so I was a big FATTY at my wedding?! Thanks alot hun...luv you too! lol and BTW I am not skinny :laugh: