All these women weight 154 lbs.

Options
tumblr_mfhc2ekeAN1rjpm4uo1_1280.png

This shows every body really is unique and different, all 154 lbs. but all shaped very differently.

http://backonpointe.tumblr.com/image/43571373989 ..here go with this to see the full view of them all.

I find this amazing...I would have never guessed they weighed the same.:noway:

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I wish I were taller. (I'm 5'1, so prob the short woman):sad:

That said, this is a great picture! Shows that weight can be a very differing thing on different bodies.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I way about 10 pounds MORE than that so far and look like one of them. Wish I could tell what was muscle weight and what was fat weight. *sigh*
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Hey chicka, nothing wrong with being short! Usually the most amazing things come in the smallest packages ;)
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Height and muscle mass make such a massive difference! :o
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    This is a great photo and a great reminder. I often read MFP posts and wonder why people don't note their height when they are asking questions, and posting success stories.
  • kae_blah
    kae_blah Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this - it is an interesting image.

Sadly my first reaction is to mentally match up which one is closest to me, look for a reference to their heights, and converting pounds to kilos (69.9).

I just found an interesting related article where the comments are quite interesting: http://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/body+fitness/news+features/this+is+the+average+australian+woman,18157
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Wow that's interesting!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Haha!! I did the same thing. Exactly!
    Thanks for posting this - it is an interesting image.

Sadly my first reaction is to mentally match up which one is closest to me, look for a reference to their heights, and converting pounds to kilos (69.9).
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I wish I were taller. (I'm 5'1, so prob the short woman):sad:

That said, this is a great picture! Shows that weight can be a very differing thing on different bodies.

My mom is 4'7"...SHE is short! But she always wears this shirt with the saying "I'm not short, I'm fun-sized" :laugh: Thought you might like that and could use it as a comeback if anyone ever calls you short!

Love the picture too... it's amazing the differences in body types for the same weight.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    What a great photo! Just goes to show that really, what the scale says is un-important to a certain degree. Body shape can be so different that just aiming for a particular weight isn't always the way to go.
  • Barb815
    Barb815 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's an eye opener for sure.

19925847.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Great post! There are so many factors that make a difference when it comes to how everyone carries their weight.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    This is me at my starting weight of 154

1A96ED16-0B54-4E59-AF36-44E082D66443-2149-000002055D8582E2_zps0b348272.jpg

And me now at 127

AB96CD93-90E7-44AC-9ED5-4BC3D84E1513-2149-000002059F49E156_zps965a3f5a.jpg

I am 5'3 and it definitely depends on your body type and hight.
  • missigus
    missigus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, gives a much more realistic viewpoint on how each body "wears" their weight.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Certainily is interesting - I reckon my figure is the very tall girl up to mid thigh then second from the left for the rest of the way!
  • christineptarrant
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. I was just telling a friend, the other day, that I didn't understand how women who weighed more than me wore a smaller size than me. Now I completely understand! :)
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    bump to check out later
  • hendongirl
    hendongirl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    makes one think :)
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, that is a great visual for how weight looks different on people. I of course had to match up my body to one of them since I weigh 157 so close enough.