8 minute abs

Options
I just wanted to share this YouTube video with you all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWjTnBmCHTY

I first did this last year and it really helped tone my abs. I stopped after about 4 weeks but I decided last weekend that I was going to start again on Monday this week. I have now just done day 5 and although it is hard it seems to be working :)

I have been posting about this on my MFP wall and a few of my friends have also started doing it and said how it has benefitted them so I thought I would share it with everyone.

Give it a go... as they say in the video 'it is only 8 minutes everyday...'

Ax

Replies

• megz21691
    megz21691 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. :)
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    No. 7 minute abs man. 7 is the key.
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this workout on and off since I was a teen :) I love it even if the blue spandex are a little bright LOL. I have his whole 8 minute series, buns, arms, legs, and abs. The 8 min Abs is by far my favorite, but his 8 min Buns hurt like hell to do :) It is amazing how 8 minutes can really tone everything :) Hey Gang LOL
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post - will give it a go!
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    8 Minute Abs is great.

If you have access to P90X videos, try Ab Ripper. 16 minutes of pure abdominal hell! (motivating, eh!?)

Thanks for posting.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Im going to come out with 6 minute abs!
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it... the retro cheesy music as well as the blue spandex helps distract me enough that I tend to keep going, no matter what the pain, for the whole 8 minutes!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    If it's half as long as Ab Ripper X does that make it half as painful? If so, I endorse this.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    @Riemersma4 - I don't have these DVDs but might have to buy them once I'm good enough at 8 minutes to tackle more...

Ax
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    instant-abs-e1300397078379.jpeg
  • feistymoon
    feistymoon Posts: 152
    Options
    :)
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options

No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    did it!
  • GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this.

As you know after seeing your wall posts I've just started this too, 3rd day today, so really new.
    But its good, 8 minutes can fit into anyones routine. Its like 0.5% of a day?? Or something like that.
    I'm combining it with the Squat challenge and JM 30DS too.

Thanks again xx
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    @Riemersma4 - I don't have these DVDs but might have to buy them once I'm good enough at 8 minutes to tackle more...

Ax

P90X rocks.

AbRipperX: twice the time, 3 times the pain!

Good luck!
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options

No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.

They really do have a 5 min. abs workout on ONDEMAND. So, somebody beat you guys to it......just sayin! :laugh:
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I did 35 minute core class this morning - boy am I wasting my time!!!
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options

7 chipmunks twirlin on a branch. Eating lots of sunflowers on my Uncles ranch :bigsmile: