Compression socks

Options
lporter229
lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
I have never tried them, but am thinking of getting a pair before my upcoming marathon. I have noticed a very large range in prices on different brands on Amazon. Does anyone who wears them or has tried them have any comments or advice on brands to buy or not to buy?

Replies

• Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Garneau and 2XU ones. They are nice for making my legs feel better when I wear them after a hard workout but I was never impressed with them during the workout (but that's cycling, not running, so it might be different).
  • lporter229
    Options
    Thanks! That seems to be what I've read. They help more after the fact. But let's face...that's when you need it, right?

Anyone else?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I've got Cep calf sleeves, zoot and craft socks, and 2XU tights. I'm not sure how much it's about brand vs fit... the cep and craft ones aren't as tight as the zoot and 2XU stuff so they don't seem to do as much. I tend to think that's more about fit than it is brand, but hard to say for sure.

I've also found them to be very beneficial for recovery, but the jury is still out on an real benefit during workouts. I do feel like they help prevent calf cramping, but I can't say that for sure.
  • organicgirl22
    Options
    I personally love Zensah compression sleeves, that way you can wear your favorite socks with them or flip flops if you use them to recover after hard/long runs. I use my Zensahs for recovery, they are like a massage for your calves & shins.
  • lporter229
    Options
    Seriously? This is a fitness forum and you can get 20 pages of "Bang, Bop, Shag or Kick to the Curb?" but only three people can give me info on compression socks?

Thanks to those of you that responded. I appreciate your input and will check out all of your recommendations and decide what I think might work best for me. Thanks again.