NEW, Overweight, and LONELY

Options
Haha,
Hi. My name is Jain. I have a one year old son, and I am no where near my per-pregnancy weight. I would love to get back to what I weighed before pregnancy. I felt my prettiest then. I was on track, losing a couple of pounds every two or three weeks, but then I found out my husband was cheating on me. During the divorce, I hardly touched food, and what I did eat, came promptly back up. I lost thirty pounds during all that. I only gained a couple of it back. I now have a boyfriend and am going to college to be a nurse. My life is pretty good, all except for my weight issues. It is not so much that I think I am fat. I don't really. Overweight? Sure, but I still look pretty good. I get hit on all the time, but I can't do the things I used to do without getting out of breath fairly quickly. My son just started walking, and I want to be in better shape to chase him around when it warms up outside.
Okay, I never meant for this to be this long.
I would just like some friends on here to keep me motivated. Feel free to add me or message me or both. :]

Replies

• sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    Please feel free to send me a friend request! :flowerforyou:
  • teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I can't compare in with you on the pregnancy, because, well... never been pregnant.

But I have been Overweight and Lonely at points in my life :) Feel free to add me.
  • Isopropyl110
    Options
    Requesting you both,
    and hahaha, so your next pregnancy will be your first pregnancy, teddabod?
  • teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    lol :)
  • SavannahMarett
    SavannahMarett Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Jain feel free to add me. We have a lot in common. I have a one year old daughter and during my pregnancy I found out the father was cheating on me. I am also going to school to be a nurse.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    You (or anyone) can feel free to add me. I truly wish you the best :flowerforyou:
  • hothayley2000
    Options
    Hi there please feel free to add me, I too have had similar experiences in my life so we can motivate each other :)
  • Brallen1969
    Options
    This site is full of great and motivational people, feel free to add me (anyone can add me)..I have an incredible group of friends so feel free to browse my friends and add them too!! Great job in your first step of accountability on this site. Now lets hit the ground running and get this journey started...Welcome!!
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I have a 20 month old daughter. When she started to walk and then turned one, it was a wake up call for me. I am down almost 72 pounds. You can do this!
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
    ~Becky
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend!
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, as well! I have an 8 y/o and was a single mom for 3 years before I met my husband. My son considers my husband to be his dad. I am also starting nursing school in May!
  • AnnaMolly17
    AnnaMolly17 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey Jain, feel free to add me. I too could use some motivation and it's always better to do things with a support group :)
  • dinahdarling
    Options
    I just joined yesterday and could have written the same topic title. Last year I developed all sorts of health problems and felt about 80 years old. This year I decided for my new years' resolution to turn my life around and get to feeling my true age or younger. I joined yesterday on this site because I stopped losing weight and hoped to meet like minded people.
    Please feel free to get in touch! :smile:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    giddy up!
    YOU CAN DO IT!
    get going!