Almost 54. DR said lose it now! Seeking support

Options
or you will end up like your relatives, dead early. with help of dietitian, I have lost over 10 pounds but need support...I feel all alone.

Replies

• lklkl5
    lklkl5 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Your not alone! We all need support. I'm on everyday and my diary is open to friends. I've been at it for 5 months and lost just shy of 45 pounds. Sending you a friend request.
  • charlykay2
    charlykay2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place...I started yesterday and feel surrounded by people with the same goals! That is so helpful because in my area...either the people are over weight and don't care or they are super fit and look at me like I'm a person who doesn't care about herself. I do care....it's very hard to loose weight and keep it off...this is our time :)
  • trisha1298
    trisha1298 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! MFP is the best place to find a community. I love waking up every morning and checking my updates.

One of the most inspiring things for me was watching the documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." It's not as dramatic as it sounds, but it gives you a wake up call about how in-denial people are about the weight epidemic in the US. It really inspired me to realize what I need to do.

So glad to see another CA resident on here! Let's keep in touch - just sent a friend request!
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like - I'm also over 50 and have lost just over 50
  • jabadahut
    jabadahut Posts: 16
    Options
    I hope to be the first male in my family to reach 60.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    How much more encouragement do you need than your Dr telling you that you are going to die?

That being said...
    * start - the second hardest part of the journey
    * continue - the hardest part of the journey, especially when frustration sets in
    * don't stop when you are tired, bored, frustrated.... stop when you are DONE
    * surround yourself with friends that can encourage you. There are zillions of great people on MFP that are a great encouragement

When the DESIRE becomes greater than the OBSTACLES, then, and only then, does change occur. Sounds like you are at that point.

Take encouragemnet that others have gone before you and have been successful. Read their posts.

Good luck!
  • teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    lynn, I went through some health issues that really had me spiraling a few years back and had to really dig deep to bring myself back from it. You're not alone. Feel free to add me.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    You can add me. :smile: I'm a "mature" person too. :wink:
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    All of us, especially women, know how hard it is to lose weight after 50. I'm struggling myself but it sure helps to have a support system. Lets support each other!
  • Barbsunshine
    Options
    I'm 52 and can relate to what you're saying. I'm also fairly new on here, today is my 30th day. Add me as a friend if you like!
  • Skinnycow918
    Skinnycow918 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling forever with my weight and have recommited myself recently but like you feel very alone and would love some support! add me =)