Skinny fat

Options
I'm defiantly not overweight (20 years old, 5ft 5, 116 pounds) but I have this tyre of fat around my stomach I just cannot shift!

I have a really good diet and I exercise regularly, and I do look fine with clothes on. But underdressed, its a disaster.

What else can I do to shift this fat around my stomach? Its really starting to get me down!

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Weight train with heavy weights and compound lifts and don't do crunches!! The only ab exercise I do is planks once a week, I let the rest of my workouts take care of my abs for me...that and a good diet.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I would recommend running. I am about the same height and weight as you and running has helped me lose that little bit of fat around my belly that I also hated!

Ax
  • rebeccalouu
    Options
    Thats interesting, why do you avoid crunches and ab exercises?
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Thats interesting, why do you avoid crunches and ab exercises?

Compound lifting and the like should really take care of that for you, if you're doing it right. Form is everything.
    I wouldn't say crunches are bad or anything, but...?

Cardio isn't really the answer to fat loss. Developing muscle is.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I'm defiantly not overweight (20 years old, 5ft 5, 116 pounds) but I have this tyre of fat around my stomach I just cannot shift!

I have a really good diet and I exercise regularly, and I do look fine with clothes on. But underdressed, its a disaster.

What else can I do to shift this fat around my stomach? Its really starting to get me down!

If it's actual fat, you need to lose fat. So lift weights and run a calorie deficit.