New to this site

Options
I am so ready to get this weight down especially around my belly. I had twins girls in 08' and now that I am getting back into the swing of things my pants are so tight around my belly; I have to unbutton them when I am sitting down and I refuse to go a size up. I am in a size 16 and I refuse to go into a 18.

'

Replies

• mkwade7380
    mkwade7380 Posts: 37
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great place to start. Make sure to check out all the past posts on the message boards, they are really helpful. Stay focused and keep pushing forward.
  • Richierich1227
    Options
    Welcome. You are doing a great thing by taking the first steps! The site has really helped me with all the different tools to help with weight loss. I wish you all the success in losing those inches. I know you're worth it.
  • lucie_dobbins
    Options
    Ok this is really sad... Here I am at 40 and I am in the same boat (well not exactly the same boat, because its a bigger ship) as I was at 37... this is the post I made back then:

Sat 07/21/07 07:49 AM
    Hi. I'm a 37 yr old mother of Teens. And quite honestly... I am ashamed. Not of the children, but of the fact that I sat by and watched them follow me down this trail of destruction. One of the worst things I ever said to my daughter was ... "well, your smaller then I was at that age".

I know that I am in for a fight. I am at least 160lbs overweight and my 18 yr old daughter needs to lose at least 60 lbs and my 16 yr old son needs to lose at least 40. So truth be told I am going to be fighting every day to lose 260 lbs. I mean lets face it... they are teenagers. They are not going to do this without me pushing them. And in turn I am going to need someone to push me. The fact is that this is my last ditch effort before I go into surgery and let them rearrange my insides so drastically that I will never be the same. Gastric Bypass works for a lot of people, but I don't want it to be my quick fix. (besides, a lot of them end up looking like bobblehead dolls, and I sooooo don' t want to look like that.)

I lost my mother at 16 due to obesity and to be quite honest I have raised my children to expect my death. Is that crazy or what??? Obesity is a disease of the body and the mind. And I need help.

So now, almost 3 years later... my daughter is almost 21 yrs old and closer to 80lbs overweight.. and my son is 19 and ... also about 80 lbs overweight, its to the point that I am frightened for his health, more frightened for his then I am for mine. And now I have a wonderful future daughter-in-law who has quite honestly climbed into the boat. I introduced her to this site and hopefully we can make this a family effort. I'm struggling to keep them motivated and moving as well as myself. They have their whole lives ahead of them. Please help me help them...... Please help me help myself.