losing the first/last 10 lbs! HELP

Options
I'm 5 foot nothin' and trying to lose my last 10 lbs. How did you guys lose that last 10lbs???:ohwell:

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    What's your BF%? Perhaps you have already lost enough weight for your build and need to start working on your BF% as a better indicator of where your goals should be. With exercise and nutrition your body composition will change.
  • jturco3
    jturco3 Posts: 12
    Options
    i have no idea....I should look into that. I started at 122 and just want to get down to around 105-110
  • neilisfat
    neilisfat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The first 10 came off quick (after 5 more gained from starting more exercise), the last 5 was tough. I was stagnant through the fall/ winter. A pending divorce took away my interest in drinking beer. I lost the last 5 in the 3 weeks. I hit my goal of 40#'s down this morning. I think I can do another 10 more if I care to buy another round of pants.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Your BMI is at the high end of normal. I'm 5'10" and wanted to get from 180 to 155 (my weight when I was 20). I got down to 160 and my weight loss slowed down significantly. I was doing everything right (nutrition/exercise) as well. I got calipered and turns out I was at 11% BF and at a different, healthier composition than my 20s. I switched myself to maintenance and adjusted my macros to accommodate my running routine and haven't been let down yet!

Check this out
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    1. Workout at least 3 times a week
    2. Eat 1g protein/lb lean body mass
    3. Reduce calories to lose 1-2lbs/week

100% Guaranteed! GLHF! :D