Sleep Deprived

Options
Like every other mom with an infant..I"m sleep deprived. My 4 month decided that she didn't want to sleep properly at night for the last 3 weeks. She is rolling on to her belly and wakes herself up crying. And if I let her soothe herself back to bed she eventually buries her into her mattress which freaks me out.

The lack of sleep is getting to me. I'm trying to eat healthy and stay active , but instead I'm not eating enough and am finding that I am losing far too much wait too fast. I haven't even had the chance to mourn the loss of a family member. This poor sleeping pattern my daughter is on started the night my family member died.
'
Any one got anything in their bag of tricks to get my daughter to sleep? She is far too active to use to stopper things that you put on each side to prevent rolling.

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • MommaMeatus
    MommaMeatus Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Pantera,

I have 2 kiddos, 1 and 3. They both sleep through the night which isn't typical I know, however with both of them I always used the same sleep training methods.

1) No blankets, dress them warm enough for the weather, maybe a little warmer (under shirts and footed jammies)

2) a tight fitted crib sheet, you can use eithe rthe soft thin cotton ones in the summer or the flannel ones slightly thicker for the winter.

Put then to bed and when they wake for the 1st time that night let them cry, you can do it. Seriously, once they stop crying, go in and make sure they are ok.

When they self soothe they learn how to put themselves back to sleep.

As for burying there faces into the crib mattress, don't worry. They will be fine. Thnk about how meany babies breastfeed, their noses are buried right in there, the curves beside the nostrils allow for air to escape etc.

Good luck!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Hi Pantera,

I have 2 kiddos, 1 and 3. They both sleep through the night which isn't typical I know, however with both of them I always used the same sleep training methods.

1) No blankets, dress them warm enough for the weather, maybe a little warmer (under shirts and footed jammies)

2) a tight fitted crib sheet, you can use eithe rthe soft thin cotton ones in the summer or the flannel ones slightly thicker for the winter.

Put then to bed and when they wake for the 1st time that night let them cry, you can do it. Seriously, once they stop crying, go in and make sure they are ok.

When they self soothe they learn how to put themselves back to sleep.

As for burying there faces into the crib mattress, don't worry. They will be fine. Thnk about how meany babies breastfeed, their noses are buried right in there, the curves beside the nostrils allow for air to escape etc.

Good luck!

What she said. Only I couldn't let them cry... or at least not too well. I would go in and check on them and then try to allow a little longer time for them to cry it out. Then I'd go in and check on them. Repeat, allowing a little more time each time until they finally fell back to sleep or until I realized that they weren't going back to sleep without nursing or a diaper change. I am terrible at letting babies cry. I just want to hold them. I was a wreck. LOL