Lesmills programs?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Can someone sum it up a little bit? I signed up at the local gym and they have those, but I'm a bit clueless about what's appropriate for a beginner (been working out for 2 months now so I guess I'm not a total beginner). I want to check the BodyJam class tomorrow, but I don't really know the other programs.

Replies

• isisbryan
    isisbryan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have only participated in Body Pump classes. But I like it. Here is a link for Les Mills classes. It gives a bit of information on the each class.

http://w3.lesmills.com/southcentral/en/fitness-classes/group-fitness/
  • MerRock
    MerRock Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've done BodyPump, BodyJam, BodyStep, CSWorx and Shbam. I LOVE BodyPump. It's SOO fun. I wasn't sure if I'd like it or be any good, but the time flies. I wear a body media fit armband, and I burn almost the same calories as I do when I run, which is awesome!

I do BodyPump too, and it's a great workout for toning but doesn't burn as much. But building muscle raises your metabolism, so it's good too.

I say try them and you'll find what you like. I highly recommend BodyJam.
  • leigh0416
    leigh0416 Posts: 29
    Options
    I do the DVD versions at home, both PUMP and Combat and I love them both!! Never been able to do them at the gym, but I would think they would be a lot of fun with a group of people!
  • DivaLuvsDisney
    DivaLuvsDisney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I go to BodyPump once a week and BodyFlow twice a week. I love both of the classes, but BodyFlow is my favorite. If you decide to try a Pump class get there early so you can let the instructor know you are new. S/He will help set you up with the right weights you should be using and go over a few of the moves before the class starts.
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    I have done body pump and body combat both great... Going to pump tonite can not wait.
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I only offer BodyCombat and BodyPump at my gym. I do both, mostly Body pump 2-3 days a week. I cant say much on results.. since I started I have been losing less, 0.5lb a week, and only about 2 inches in the last 5 or so weeks,but my mom says my body looks better. They are super fun to do though, and according to my HRM I burn a good number of calories.