Skinny/ Fat days?

Options
Do you have days where somedays you just feel fat and other days you feel skinny? I've been eating semi decent for 45 days or so and somedays I just feel gross- others I keel awesome. Is that your mind playing tricks on you?

Replies

• chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Varying degrees of water retention, hormones (especially women), and whatever you're digesting at the time has an impact, and I'm sure there's psychological influences as well.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    keep track of how you feel on certain days and what you ate. I realized that if I ate too many white carbs, white bread, white rice ect, I felt terrible.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I feel that way sometimes too. I find if I dress more confidently that helps. I feel more confident when I know I am wearing something that flatters me.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    That day is today for me. I feel really bummed and fat...:(
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Yup. Tuesday and Yesterday I felt awesome and hot.

Today? I feel like a fat fkn beast :mad:
  • juliekins64
    juliekins64 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one :-)
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    happens to me quite often, especially when I don't get enough sleep! I feel bloated and sick to my stomach no matter what I eat if I'm not getting to bed at a decent time (which is often).
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I go through cycles every day! I feel thin first thing in the morning, and after the gym, but then by evening I feel like an elephant
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    welcome to my life.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wow thought I was the only one... Psychological its all in the mind, keep pushing!
  • PHATMAMI2013
    PHATMAMI2013 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yep one day im HOTT next day im the fattest person in the world ugh!
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    Ugh, yes. Sometimes the fat days can last for a week or so with me, I just wake up every morning and feel so obese. It's really disheartening and discouraging but I try not to let it get me down and keep me from working out.
  • LunaStar2008
    LunaStar2008 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Nice to hear that I am not crazy, and others have these kind of thoughts as well.

I agree with a previous post, that hormons have an impact on weight, bloat and these "fat" feelings, as well as some of the things we eat. Some spices actually help with the bloat other foods may cause.

But I think it is psychological as well. If I feel great that day, my "lovehandles" don't bother me, but on other days when I am already grumpy in the morning, they just make me feel I am not getting anywhere to improve my weight and tone the body.

It is scientificlly proven that enough sleep is a factor in wight gain/loss. Being sleep deprived can cause you to over eat to fuel the missing resources/energy.
  • Rockstarr755
    Rockstarr755 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yup. Tuesday and Yesterday I felt awesome and hot.

Today? I feel like a fat fkn beast :mad:

Love this. I feel this way often.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Yup. Today I feel like a cow. TOM.

Other days, I'll be laying bed in the morning, and I just feel thinner.
  • ValleyNikki
    Options
    This happens to me all the time. Sometimes i feel fat . Sometimes i feel skinny . Sometimes i feel ugly . Sometimes i feel decent looking .

Pretty sure if i took a pic of myself on all of those separate days and showed it to someone else they would tell me i look exactly the same on all of those days .

Its a mental thing i guess . it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

I read something where they were saying how when asking women how they feel alot of times they will say "fat " or " ugly " etc . & that these things shouldnt be considered emotions . We should feel " happy " or " sad " or whatever . But for me they kinda go together. lol .
  • geddyp
    geddyp Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Happens to me, for some reason, if I go over 143 I feel fat but at 142 I feel skinny. It's obviously all in my head!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!!!

I think that is one reason why taking pictures and measurements is so great. When i feel like I've made no progress, I look at the pictures and know it's not true!

Also, control top and heels work wonders.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Today I am having a fat day. I am wearing pants that are clearly too big for me (which is a good thing, but makes me feel frumby) and a big sweater. I just feel fat today...yesterday I felt skinny. I just roll with it...I will work harder at the gym tonight, but on these days, it makes it harder for me to work out for some reason....I get depressed and think what the heck. But I will go anyways, and maybe feel a little better.

Oh yeah...and spanx are my best friend on days like this...
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I have them days too, the other day I felt really heavy and chunky. Then got on the scales and said I was 133lbs, the lightest I've been in the last year......I think our head plays little games with us

I do have days where I feel slim, and can wear what I what, but I do think we all have fat days and bad days