TurboFire thoughts and results?

Options
Hey everyone,

So I am finishing up my last week of P90X and I will be honest in saying that the last month has been tough to get through. I am simply BORED! I havent had the results other people have had so I am ready for something new and exciting. I did lose 18 pounds, and more than 15 inches off my body but I feel I should have lost more. So I am going to focus on a more cardio based program.

Have read a lot about Insanity but not ready to go there just yet so I was looking into TurboFire. It seems to be a great program but I wanted to hear if any of you have done it and if so, how are your results?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Replies

• leigh0416
    leigh0416 Posts: 29
    Options
    I love TurboFire, been doing it for years! I like combining it with other strength training though. There are strength training exercises included with TF, but I never really cared for them much honestly. Using the resistance band isn't my thing...but you might like them, totally a personal choice. If you are looking for something that is mainly cardio-based, then TF will definitely do that!
  • methridg
    methridg Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input!

Would love to hear from more of you!
  • Musicianess20
    Musicianess20 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just started TurboFire so I can't speak for results, but I truly love it! I'm the type to get bored easily so I do things like zumba, dancing, anything that will amp the cardio without me realizing it. I like TurboFire because the music's great, it's high energy and I'm drenched when I'm done. If you haven't done so already, check out the firestarter video...its about 40 mins long and you can see if you like it... http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/turbofire-fire-starter-class-video.do
  • aas1277
    aas1277 Posts: 67
    Options
    I started turbo fire a few weeks ago and I love it. I alwas enjoyed Turbo Jam but doing the same workout over and over got boring. This is not boring at all. It includes so many different dvds that you can change it up every day depending on what you are in the mood for and how much time you have. The music is fun and even the 55 minute workouts seem to fly by. I also use 10 minute trainer for ab training and I like Jillian Michaels for weights or toning classes at the gym.
  • AshyyMM
    AshyyMM Posts: 131
    Options
    I also cannot speak of results... I'll be doing first month weigh in and measurements at the end of next week!!!...
    I enjoy the program..though I also liked insanity....I liked Insanity more so far just because I absolutely HATE the strength training part of this program more... the Cardio is alot of fun though once you get the hang of the moves!! :)
  • dream_big
    dream_big Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done month 2, I loved it the first month, month 2 has taken me about 1 1/2 months to get through, I'm getting bored with it. I want to do more strength. Wanting to do chalean extreme but determined to finish this first. Still think its a really good program just not interested in straight cardio anymore.
  • johncareem9
    Options
    I always check out this website before starting a new fitness program - www.topfitnesssites.com - My personal favourite is p90x because it's hard enough that you know your getting results but not so hard that you give up after a few days
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I ordered Turbo Fire yesterday and received an email today with a link to the Fire Starter Workout. I tried it tonight. I think I'm really going to like this program. My plan is to continue to "practice" with the Fire Starter Workout until my DVD's arrive next week. I think you should try the online workout, you just might like it. :smile:
  • jensmith1984
    Options
    I am on day 43 of Turbofire and I really like it! I have done some P90X but was so over weight I was not enjoying it at all. Changed my eating and lost 10lbs walking and swimming and jumped into Insanity. It was so hard but I pushed everyday and got great results lost an additional 30lbs and so far have lost 7 with Turbofire! Hoping to loose 15-20 more! If you like dancing and moving you will like this!
    Jen
    FB: @Jen.Smith8 IG: @Jen_D_Smith
  • methridg
    Options
    I'm almost done month 2, I loved it the first month, month 2 has taken me about 1 1/2 months to get through, I'm getting bored with it. I want to do more strength. Wanting to do chalean extreme but determined to finish this first. Still think its a really good program just not interested in straight cardio anymore.

I own ChaLean Extreme and plan to do a hybrid of it and TurboFire once I get through TurboFire completely. I like strength training so I think it would be a good fit.
  • MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    HI guys,
    I would LOVE to try Turbo Fire. I am doing the 30 day shred right now but I would like to add some cardio to my workouts. How does the Turbo Fire program work? Do you do it every day? Can I find it for free on youtube? How long are the workouts? Thanks for answering 1000 questions :)
  • aas1277
    aas1277 Posts: 67
    Options
    HI guys,
    I would LOVE to try Turbo Fire. I am doing the 30 day shred right now but I would like to add some cardio to my workouts. How does the Turbo Fire program work? Do you do it every day? Can I find it for free on youtube? How long are the workouts? Thanks for answering 1000 questions :)
    I bought from eBay for $64.....less than half of what beachbody charges.....new sealed in the package with free shipping....
  • methridg
    Options
    HI guys,

I just found someone selling it on craigslist for $30 which is a bargain! It had everything so I bought it on the spot. The workouts are 6 days a week. Every other day you are doing really high impact workouts which range from 30 minutes to 60 minutes. It is a 20 week program I believe rather than the typically 90days/12weeks programs.

I started it today and really liked it. The music is fun, the workout is intense and you sweat your butt off (literally!). It is going to take me some time to get all the moves down but I was warned of that beforehand. So if you end up doing it, dont get frustrated if you dont get it down right away.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Granted I am JUST starting now but I am happy to try! :)
  • acasper3
    acasper3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    HI guys,

I really like 30 day shred but it gets boring. TF is really funa nd I have a bodymedia fit armband and it shows me as having vigorous exercise the whole time. I've lost about 17 lbs on it in 13 weeks but for about 5 weeks of it I ate what I wanted and maintained even gained a bit. However, if you need a lot of cardio because you like to eat a bit more or want to have your performance hit the roof...it's great!
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I do a Turbo Fire and CLX hybrid and I love it. They work really well together.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    I love it and in really like her..not annoying like a lot of instructor. It's a quick high calorie burner, which is something I need and enjoy. Go for it!