When will my clothes fit again?

Options
One of my main motivations for losing a little weight is to fit into my clothes comfortably again. They seem to have gotten a little snug. :ohwell: The hardest for me is my bras. I am a busty woman to begin with and being overweight has made it immensely uncomfortable to have these ample breasts. They have ballooned out of control more than any other area of my body. Finding a bra that I'm not bulging out of seems near impossible. Likewise, cute bras that once fit are now stashed in the back of my drawer longing for better days. I'm a 25 year-old woman, so I feel I'm way too young for the large and very unsexy bras made for women of my size. I'm hoping losing 10 pounds even will help me feel a bit more comfortable in my clothes, underwear, and my own skin. How long before you started noticing changes in the way your clothes fit? :huh:

Replies

• GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i notice the change after abt a 10lbs loss. i've found a new website 2day maybe u can look at it. they have all kinds of clothes & things for plus size women.

sizes 12w-44w

http://www.onestopplus.com/

the bra prices look pretty good. the bands on my bras r VERY uncomfortable b/c of my gained weight :grumble:
  • lTlasha
    lTlasha Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the exact same thing!! I have been told that my body is toning nicely and I can see the difference in my legs, yet, my pants are still fitting the same as before... I just wish I could see a little more progress to keep me motivated. :grumble:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I JUST got small enough to get down to a medium top from large & xtra large, so it took at least 15 lbs for me. For lower body, I'm just now noticing the last couple weeks so closer to 18 lbs. I've been focusing on doing more fat burning exercises such as increasing my cardio and lifting more weights to build muscle (muscle burns fat). I carry my weight pretty evenly though so I think that's why it took so long.
  • merbee
    merbee Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    LOL - I noticed a difference in the bras before I noticed a change in any other of my clothes. I too was busting or bulging out of the largest bras i could find without going into specialty bras - which I could just not afford. Some people say they never loose them - or that that is the last place they lose weight from. For me it was the first - and continues to be. I keep joking with everyone that if I get down to a C cup then I am gaining the weight back!!!! Of course I am joking but it is different for sure. My boobs have entered the room before I did ever since I can remember. I've got a long way to go with the weight loss but having bras that fit (ie I am not bulging out of or that creep up my back because of the weight in the front) is sure different. Good luck in your weight loss journey and with any luck you will lose a bra size in no time at all.
  • tiffaniball06
    Options
    I have been working out for about three months I started seeing small results after about 6 weeks but it has been with in the last couple of weeks that I have started seeing real progress and I am starting to fit back in some of my old jeans. Just keep going and pushing hard you will see more progress!!!
  • tiffaniball06
    Options
    I have been working out for about three months I started seeing small results after about 6 weeks but it has been with in the last couple of weeks that I have started seeing real progress and I am starting to fit back in some of my old jeans. Just keep going and pushing hard you will see more progress!!!
  • cje19
    cje19 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have always been blessed with a large bra size. I know you want to lose the weight to fit into your old bras, but as someone who battles my boobs all the time, i have realized that I can't just sit around waiting. I found a great website. bravissimo. Their bras are wonderful. All types of sexy styles for real women. It's not a site for plus size where most of us with big bustlines have to normally go to get our bras. It is based on bra size only. They even have swim suits and pj's with built in bras, real bras not those eye patch or extra fabric like in regular swim suits. It's a british company but they ship to the US. I just bought a new bra and a swim suit and I found two dresses made for Larger bra size women that I will order next month. It's so worth it and I wish they had a store like that here.

Although i'm struggling to get the weight off, I'm not too thrilled to lose my breast size. I've grown to be proud of it to embrace it. Mainly because I have a few friends who are paying big money to get theirs enlarged and I have to say, even at a size 16, I still turn heads in a good way because of my girls.

In the meantime while you are working on shrinking your size, buy some new pretty bras, it will give you more motivation and confidence in your body as you work and honestly a well fitting bra makes you look smaller then you really are. Trust me I know this big time. I'm the one who when in college guys would ask what bra size I was. (for some reason they thought it was a good pick up line) I would reply, further down the alphabet then you can spell.

good luck.
    c.
  • blockeramanda
    blockeramanda Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    just like everyones journey to lose weight is different, where you first lose weight is different for everyone. For me it was my butt, then boobs! The two places I really didn't want to lose, but I'm ok with it now. You will get there you just have to be dedicated. Good luck hun!

Manda B!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    i notice the change after abt a 10lbs loss. i've found a new website 2day maybe u can look at it. they have all kinds of clothes & things for plus size women.

sizes 12w-44w

http://www.onestopplus.com/

the bra prices look pretty good. the bands on my bras r VERY uncomfortable b/c of my gained weight :grumble:

Ooh, thanks! Looks like they have great prices... I am SO tired of paying $40-$50 for a bra! I think I can find some good everyday ones here... now if I could just find a good sports bra to run in!
  • DJDUFFY
    DJDUFFY Posts: 98
    Options
    One of my main motivations for losing a little weight is to fit into my clothes comfortably again. They seem to have gotten a little snug. :ohwell: The hardest for me is my bras. I am a busty woman to begin with and being overweight has made it immensely uncomfortable to have these ample breasts. They have ballooned out of control more than any other area of my body. Finding a bra that I'm not bulging out of seems near impossible. Likewise, cute bras that once fit are now stashed in the back of my drawer longing for better days. I'm a 25 year-old woman, so I feel I'm way too young for the large and very unsexy bras made for women of my size. I'm hoping losing 10 pounds even will help me feel a bit more comfortable in my clothes, underwear, and my own skin. How long before you started noticing changes in the way your clothes fit? :huh:

Yeah i have the same problem with Bras where they don't fit.I use sports bras but even them are getting way to small.I would like to lose weight where my bras fit and My size 16 jeans will fit again.I am 41 years old and having to deal with health problems due to over weight.