ordered a bodymedia armband!!

Options
Useless post, I know. I am just excited and needed to post something. Sorry.

I have been relatively successful with my weight loss journey, although recently I find myself arguing with 5 pounds or so. I need some motivation to get myself out of the winter doldrums and get a kickstart in the right direction.

I gave this a lot of thought and did some research and figure this will be the best decision for me for a couple of reasons.

Primarily it will give me a true idea of how much I burn doing my farm chores.

Secondarily it will embarrass me on some days by showing me how much time I spend sitting on my *kitten* doing nothing:blushing:

I hope this will be the ticket to getting going in the right direction again.

Replies

• sierrajordon
    sierrajordon Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    hey i just bought mine today!(:
    best of luck with yours
  • sarahann545
    sarahann545 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bought mine in January, Im pretty much at my goal weight, and I am super nervous about maintaining! I figured it would be a huge help to actually see what I burn, and a new toy to keep me focues : )
    I hope you love your as much as I do mine!
    And you are so right! One day I had a personal goal of lying down for 12 hours... : / talk about reality check!
  • bateslin
    bateslin Posts: 67
    Options
    does it work in water? I do mainly aqua aerobics, aqua zumba, aqua kickboxing, etc.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a week and I LOVE IT! I had a fitbit which was a fine starter tool, I also have a Polar FT7 and wear the bodymedia every day! Love it!

I wish I bought the link and not the core, but it will do fine for now.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for about a week and a half and it's such a fun new toy!!! I was hoping it would help me stay accountable and actually see what MY body is burning during the day in order to maintain a consistent deficit. I also think it helps push me to achieve the goals I've set (calories, steps, etc.).

It sure is eye opening!! Have fun!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a week and I LOVE IT! I had a fitbit which was a fine starter tool, I also have a Polar FT7 and wear the bodymedia every day! Love it!

I wish I bought the link and not the core, but it will do fine for now.
    Remember the core is smaller though. You could get a display
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    does it work in water? I do mainly aqua aerobics, aqua zumba, aqua kickboxing, etc.

No. :(
  • bateslin
    Options

That's my luck.... I do more aqua classes since I had a bad car accident a few years ago and flipped my car...back and shoulder have never been the same. I found one that works in water (something else) but it's more for lap swimming.
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

That's my luck.... I do more aqua classes since I had a bad car accident a few years ago and flipped my car...back and shoulder have never been the same. I found one that works in water (something else) but it's more for lap swimming.
    What did you find for lap swimming?
  • fadedimage
    fadedimage Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's pretty nice. I have the Link and it works really well syncing with the phone (it didn't before for HTC but they updated their app and now the only reason to connect it to a computer is to charge it). Much better than the FitBit, which I also tried and it didn't work too well for me.
  • elaineirene84
    elaineirene84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just ordered one and will be waiting for me when I get home from work. I am very excited to see what I am really burning during the day. I have heard tons of good things about it and just decided I deserved it. :happy:
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    I love geeking out on the data from mine. I have had mine since October of last year. It definitely keeps me honest about how much activity I am getting in each day and challenges me to meet the goals I set up in the program (i.e. steps per day, quantity of moderate/vigorous exercies, etc)

For water based activities there are Heart Rate Monitors that are waterproof and you can use the data collected then and manually adjust your "off body time" within the computer dashboard.
  • kerri0703
    Options
    Your post made me research this item a bit, as I had never heard of it. I'm a little confused... do you have to use their online tracking in order to know how much you burned, etc? It seems you have to pay for their online services - is that true? If it's just a matter of buying the actual product of the armband, I might be interested (especially since they are on sale on their website right now) as I'd like to know how many calories I'm ACTUALLY burning, as opposed to what the elliptical tells me I burned. Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Your post made me research this item a bit, as I had never heard of it. I'm a little confused... do you have to use their online tracking in order to know how much you burned, etc? It seems you have to pay for their online services - is that true? If it's just a matter of buying the actual product of the armband, I might be interested (especially since they are on sale on their website right now) as I'd like to know how many calories I'm ACTUALLY burning, as opposed to what the elliptical tells me I burned. Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Yes you have to pay for the online service to use it.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'll say this for them, they ship right out!!!! I ordered it when I posted this and just received the shipping notice :glasses:
  • Sandreeuhh
    Options
    I got the BodyMedia Link a few weeks ago. I absolutely LOVE it. It costs some money to keep using it. like 7 dollars a month I think. But totally worth it <3
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    If you're in the USA, Costco had an offer where a year's subscription was included.
  • bateslin
    Options

What did you find for lap swimming?

i don't remember the name because it wasn't what I was looking for even though I occasionally do laps. If I run across it again I'll let you know.
  • jvnoonway
    jvnoonway Posts: 24
    Options
    LOVE mine!! I've had it about 3 weeks and am SO SO happy with it!! msg me if you have any questions!
    Remember to give it time to get to know your body!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    just ordered one too ..it should be here on Monday or Tuesday...looking forward to seeing what I really do burn each day...