Any other vegans out there?

Options
So, my story is pretty typical. Lost about 30 lbs, put it back on again. I recently became vegan as of November of last year, and fell prey to the 'carbo-tarian' curse. After learning many things to do (and what not to do), I am back and looking to take the weight off for good. I've been toying with the idea of adapting a bikini competitor's training program, (for various reasons, not necessarily to compete) but need some help with nutrition, (namely getting enough protein). Some things that I've read suggest that I need to be getting 100 grams of protein per day in conjunction with the training regimen in order to put on the kind of muscle that will help me blast this fat off of me...

I'm here looking to make friends who are VEGAN and **edit**(potentially) BODYBUILDERS since that appears to be the direction that I am headed in. I love my vegan eating plan, but I could really use some help and support to keep me accountable so that I can reach those goals by the time that my husband and I head to Hawai'i in November for our 2 year wedding anniversary. The countdown is... ON!

Won't you please be my friend? :)

39157995.png

Replies

• EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been vegan since last September, but I'm definitely not a bodybuilder.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Vegan over 8 years. Feel free to friend me.
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Not totally yet.... I still sometimes crave some meat...but then I don't really enjoy it....I am slowyly becoming a 'meatless' person...

:ohwell:
  • Char_Piper1111
    Char_Piper1111 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been vegan since last September, but I'm definitely not a bodybuilder.

Hey, what I meant to say is that I'm looking to connect with both vegans and (potentially) bodybuilders who are vegans. I'd still love to connect with people who are vegans even if they're not bodybuilders...

:flowerforyou:
  • moonbaby12
    moonbaby12 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am vegan--- so not a body builder, but I LOVE to work out and am trying to get into a strength training routine. Maybe you can inspire me!
  • bowbee
    bowbee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi. I would love to also meet other vegans. I am a newbie, as I just made the lifestyle change a week ago. I know there is so much to learn and would appreciate all advice from veterans and also any newbies, like myself, for friendship and support.
  • Char_Piper1111
    Char_Piper1111 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I would love to also meet other vegans. I am a newbie, as I just made the lifestyle change a week ago. I know there is so much to learn and would appreciate all advice from veterans and also any newbies, like myself, for friendship and support.

Added you, Bowbee! :flowerforyou:
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    to those looking for vegans, there is more than 1 vegan group here on MFP.