Under 200 cal Turkey Shepherds Pie, Yum!

Options
angelaanhela
angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
Healthy Turkey Shepherds
Recipe by Angela Schneider

Serves: 10
Calories: 168

Ingredients:
1/4-1/2 cup Onion,
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
Generic - Ground Turkey, 16 ounces drain fat
Stewed Tomatoes 1 Full Can
Tomato Paste, 2 Tbsp.
1 1/2 cup raw Baby Spinach
1 Tbsp dried Parsley
1 tsp dried Sage
1 tsp dried Thyme
1 Tbsp fresh Rosemary
Dash pepper

Carrots, Cooked, 1 cup cooked
Whole Kernel Corn, 1 can drained
Green Beans, 1 can drained (French or regular cut)

Cauliflower - Steamed and Mashed , 2 cup mashed (about half a head)
*Medium Baked Potato Plain with peel diced and mashed
*Sweet Potato - Baked, w/o peel Mashed, 3/4 cup
Smart Balance Buttery Spread Omeg-3, 1 Tbsp
Half and half, 1 tbsp
Dash Pepper
Dash Granulated Garlic

**I just threw those in there because they were leftovers in the fridge. If you cook the whole head of cauliflower then it will probably be less calories and less carbs but also might not be a thick tasting.

Directions:
1. Start steaming about 2 cups cauliflower in a pot or I used a pressure cooker. I diced carrots and put them in a small pot to boil separately because I didnt want them to get too mushy in the pressure cooker. You'll want those to cook while your taking care of the turkey.
2. In a fry pan, saute your onion and garlic, add ground turkey and add a dash of pepper. Once turkey is cooked, drain and add can of stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings (Parsley/Sage/Rosemary/Thyme singing is optional). Add fresh spinach and incorporate into turkey so that it wilts.
3. In a 9x13 pan pour Turkey base and spread out evenly on bottom of pan. Sprinkle diced carrots, corn, and green beans on top.
4. In a bowl add steamed cauliflower, diced baked potato, baked sweet potato, butter spread, garlic powder and dash pepper. Mash together and add half and half (depending on how much moisture is in your mash save the half and half step for last, if its too watery you wont want to use it).
5. Layer mash for top of pan and bake at around 375 degrees for about 15-20 min and check. Its really just to heat it all together. Cut into 10 peices which is about 1 1/2 cups each and enjoy!

Nutrition Info per Serving (10):
Calories - 168g
Carbs - 22g
Fat - 3g
Protein - 13g
Sodium - 273g
Fiber - 3g
Sugar - 4g

Replies