Bikers success/ results ? Anyone?

Options
Has anyone had success with their primary exercise as bicycling? (Yes I am aware weight loss comes from a calorie deficit) Did you use stationary or outdoor? If anyone has photos I would love to actually see how bicycling changed your body. Also how many calories per day did you eat? Macros? Miles per week? Anything would be great! Ive found tons of threads with regaurds to the actual exercise but not so many with results. Thanks!!!

Replies

• gaiaearth
    gaiaearth Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I bike commute to work and also on errands. I don't know if it made me loose a ton, I think working out & skiing did that better but it definetly is excellent maintenance. When I've skipped it for a couple weeks in the winter I got out of shape quick. I guess it depends on how hard & long you ride.....I've just signed up for a big road bike ride and am starting to train so I bet that will get me in shape..

Personally I would be extremely bored on a stationary bike but my suggestion is get on the bike as much as possible in leiu of a car. :) Good luck!
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    I've got no pics, but when I went from driving 20 miles round trip commuting to biking 20 miles round trip commuting, my thighs became solid muscle. Not bulky, just frigging strong. Lost some inches on my waist too. didn't do much for my calves, but I don't use clipless or cage pedals, just the old fashioned ones. I basically biked 2 hours a day, enough hills to call it interval work.

Then my commute added on top of that 90 minutes of shuttle riding, so I went back to driving. Sad. I changed jobs, but can't bike the now 60 mile round trip.

Now I bike (on my bicycle in an indoor trainer or outside) a few times a week, as cross training for running or (like right now) as recovery from injury.

You ride hard enough, it's work. It's REALLY easy to just toodle along though - and that's not exercise.