Yogurt Buyers Beware!

Options
Just wanted to let everyone know not to but albertsons brand of yogurt in plain flavor. I am a big fan of frozen plain yogurt and thought that this would be a good alternative... and was i wrong. it tastes soooo sour like expired milk (and i checked the label its not expired)... so i just added some honey and it tastes a lot better :]

Replies

• CocoFire
    CocoFire Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow... you're brave for even eating it
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    hmmmmmmmmmm plain yogurt is supposed to taste like sour cream. I use the Greek plain on my potato instead of sourcream.
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    lol really? i ate two bites and threw it away... i just felt bad about waisting it! lol
  • lilliesmiles
    Options
    I so agree with you, tryed eating it once but never did because of the smell I thought it was just me lol
  • farr2fun
    farr2fun Posts: 15
    Options
    responding to "arewethereyet"........The greek yogurt instead of sour cream is a good idea. I tried eating Greek yogurt instead of regular yogurt, but just didn't like the taste of it. I ended up giving up yogurt altogether and since I don't drink much milk because of the sugar content, I was always lacking in calcium. I'm going to try it.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    responding to "arewethereyet"........The greek yogurt instead of sour cream is a good idea. I tried eating Greek yogurt instead of regular yogurt, but just didn't like the taste of it. I ended up giving up yogurt altogether and since I don't drink much milk because of the sugar content, I was always lacking in calcium. I'm going to try it.

I love it on the potato and my doc says it is heart healthy. It does have sugars, though for sure.

I LOVE the thickness of Greek yogurt. I treat it like a dessert. Oikos, Fage and Chobani are all good.