JULY GOAL CHALLENGE, June 16-22

Options
cp005e
cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
Well, heck - nobody seems to be around anymore. But it's not July yet, so I still will soldier on!

I had a fitness assessment done at the YMCA last week. The results were... interesting. I was very disappointed in my cardio - I know I've improved tremendously, but I'm still only in the 20th percentile of people that the Y has tested over the years. Darn. But, my strength was a little above average, and my resting heart rate was around the 90th percentile. And - probably the number I was most looking for - my body fat % is 29.7. They recommended 23% as healthy for women, in which case I'd only have to get down to 155 - only 16 pounds to go! I had been thinking that somewhere between 140-150 was my goal - so I guess I will see how I feel when I get there.

Start of MFP: 210
Start of JGC (2/12 for me): 194.8
Last weigh-in (6/10): 172.8
Current weight: 171.2
July Goal: 165

I am so tantalizing close to 40 lbs lost! I really hope I get there next week. :happy:

Have a great week, everyone! I have an offsite work event for 3 days this weekend, so I will have to be extra careful not to overdo it.

Replies

• cp005e
    Options
    Well, heck - nobody seems to be around anymore. But it's not July yet, so I still will soldier on!

I had a fitness assessment done at the YMCA last week. The results were... interesting. I was very disappointed in my cardio - I know I've improved tremendously, but I'm still only in the 20th percentile of people that the Y has tested over the years. Darn. But, my strength was a little above average, and my resting heart rate was around the 90th percentile. And - probably the number I was most looking for - my body fat % is 29.7. They recommended 23% as healthy for women, in which case I'd only have to get down to 155 - only 16 pounds to go! I had been thinking that somewhere between 140-150 was my goal - so I guess I will see how I feel when I get there.

Start of MFP: 210
    Start of JGC (2/12 for me): 194.8
    Last weigh-in (6/10): 172.8
    Current weight: 171.2
    July Goal: 165

I am so tantalizing close to 40 lbs lost! I really hope I get there next week. :happy:

Have a great week, everyone! I have an offsite work event for 3 days this weekend, so I will have to be extra careful not to overdo it.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Wow! You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work!
  • PixieDust2828
    Options
    Good job, you'll get there!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm still around - just swamped after being gone for 2 weeks!
    The official scale (my own) said I gained 6 lbs during 2 weeks of of training! I was so tired of being good for 7 months that I thoroughly enjoyed being bad for a little while. I ate everything under the sun if I felt like it - cookies, pastries, pizza, munchies, beer. I can't lie, it was great! (I also worked out for about 60 min everyday) Now I am back on the wagon and working my *kitten* off, literally. I went on a 10 hr, 14 mile strenuous hike on Sunday and burned 2900 calories, and today I am going to hike up the local ski hill which is usually good for about 600 cals. Just the fact that I don't have all the temptation around anymore makes it easier. As of this morning I had already dropped 3 of those 6 lbs.
    So I don't know if I will make my July goal now, but my overall goal was for Labor Day, and I think that is absolutely doable.

Start MFP (Nov 07) - 182.5
    2 weeks ago - 144.6
    Today - 147.6
    Goal - 140

Congrats cp on your loss so far! :drinker: :drinker: That's great! I hope you make 40 next week as well. I am waiting until I hit my goal weight to do a big fitness test, and a blood test for my cholesterol.

AND, the best news of all.... my boyfriend proposed to me on the top of the mountain on Sunday!!!:love::love: Yeah!!

have a great week everyone:flowerforyou:
  • erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    Options
    cp-Congrats so far on your loss! You are doing great and are a real inspiration for me to try and keep motivated.

lizard-Sounds like you had a fun week :) Congratulations on the engagement! That's awesome!

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow because I spaced it yesterday morning. I used to weigh in on Wednesdays anyway, so I think my brain may still be stuck in that mode. I will update tomorrow morning.

Have a great day everyone! :smile:
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Well another week down.

Body fat fell, waist down another 1/2" and lost the nearly 2lbs gained last week

Start weight loss Jan 08 @ 268
    Start MFP Feb 08 @ 262
    Start JGC @ 248.8 and 22.7%
    Last week @ 240.8 and 17.9
    This week @ 238.8 and 17.7%

Slow but sure that's what they say right??

Good job the rest of you keep up the good work.
  • cp005e
    Options
    Thanks for all the support, you guys. I love MFP! :love:

Lizard - yahoo for you! Congratulations on your engagement! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
    Tim - nice job! You must be stoked to be so close to your goal.
    Erin - good luck on your weigh-in!

Have a great week. :flowerforyou:
  • erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    Options
    Well, I weighed in...I'm not to the weight that I was when I left MFP....but, lost 6 pounds since last Monday! Yipee!! I am sure that so much of it is the increase in water intake I've done since I fell off the wagon a couple months ago...but I'm still proud and motivated!

So...
    6/9- 191.4 (back to MFP and JGC)
    6/18- 185.4

This really makes coming back worth it!! :wink:

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    :drinker: That's great erin! Glad to have you back and motivated! I think everyone is bound to have bad days, weeks, months, but that's why we are here as a support team! Keep it up!