Lost weight and now being punished! Help!

Options
Okay, so I could have 1600 calories, and now I have lost 10 lbs. so now my allowance is only 1200 calories! I didn't think it would make that much difference, but it really has! I suppose I am trying to shrink my stomach! Well, this is way harder than 1600! I know I need to exercise, too, but this week hasn't allowed any time for it. Hopefully I will get more time next week!

Any suggestions on yummy foods with less calories? Hard to find!

Hungry in Harlan :)

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    What tells you to decrease your cals for 400? Is it the MFP default? Try this

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013?hl=road+map

to determine the cals you need to continue to lose weight.
  • buda12345
    buda12345 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    frozen blueberries really satisfy me, one cup and it takes a while to eat and 70 calories.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound right, I started out at 1600 calories, lost 10 pounds and the system suggested I reduce my calories to 1570, then I lost 10 more pounds and it suggested I reduce my calories to 1510. Did you change one of your settings?
  • 99mountains
    99mountains Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lots of jello, water, and greek yogurt!!!!
  • 50fades
    50fades Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE! FROZEN BLUEBERRIES SOUND GREAT! JELLO WATER? I'VE NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT! I'M ASSUMING SUGAR FREE JELLO BEFORE IT HARDENS? Now that I think about it, when I lost the 10 lbs. it asked me if I wanted to adjust my goals. I must have changed it to 2 lbs. a week. So, that was the culprit. I changed it back to 1 lb. a week, so it went to 1500 calories a day. So, I tried 1.5 lbs. a week to see what it would allow me, and it's only 1250 now. I might try that for a while though. We will see. Thanks for the help! And I liked that link you sent!
  • 50fades
    Options
    You were right. I did change my goal. I must have changed it to 2 lbs. a week instead of 1 lb. Thanks! Now I'm going to try 1.5. We will see.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Check that link. I lost ten pounds and now I get to eat more to maintain.
  • 50fades
    Options
    Thanks. That was a good read and made sense!
  • kirstie1926
    Options
    JELLO WATER? I'VE NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT! I'M ASSUMING SUGAR FREE JELLO BEFORE IT HARDENS?

i think she meant eat jello, drink water...
  • ereach4731
    ereach4731 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't know your stats, but if you are going to eat 1600 calories, then can you exercise more so you can still lose?
  • flex500
    flex500 Posts: 63
    Options
    honestly if you were losing weight on 1600 I'd stay at 1600 until you stop losing weight. At that point drop your calories 10%...stay there until you stop losing weight...etc. etc.

Lots of people on here doing the same as you eating a 1500-1800 calorie diet, lose 10-25 pounds and next thing you know they are trying to eat 1000-1200 calories a day. I would not recommend doing it that way. If you lost weight you don't need to suddenly do a 400 calorie a day drop.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Why not keep it at 1lb a week if you are steadily losing and it suits you? It is a lifetime of change and you do not want to feel like you are being punished x
  • MiksG
    MiksG Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been on 1200 from the word go and lost a stone! Was hard at first but I now find that when you get used to what makes up the calories it is a lot easier.....I am under most days and feel full. Been using recipes for dinner from The Hairy Dieters Cookbook. They are excellent, filling and so so tasty. They use normal everyday ingredients that don't break the bank like some recipes. My hubby has lost 3 stone doing the same.
    Good luck and keep positive!
  • deedster_a
    deedster_a Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Jello water has been recommended for weight loss at livestrong.com.

Pour the complete package of sugar-free jello into an eight ounce glass or mug. Add ¾ of a cup of boiled water to the mug.

Stir the Jell-O and water until all of the powder crystals have been completely dissolved. You may wish to breathe in the aroma of the gelatin at this point.

Add two to three ice cubes to the mug. This will cool it down enough for you to drink. Then consume the entire concoction in order for it to take effect.

Adjust your diet. The gelatin mixed in water is intended to give you a full feeling and ideally should be consumed three times a day prior to meals. After drinking, you should be able to eat more sensible portions of food.
  • mertbar53
    Options
    maybe eating more veggies cooked raw will help add salsa, lite sour cream . this helps me to have more for less . good luck
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    If you love Peanut Butter you must try PB2.....2 T. = 45 calories?!!! It's AWESOME :happy: :smile: