Where do you take your measurements?

Options
ajhugz
ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
I think I'm measuring myself wrong. In my before/after pics my tummy is definitely smaller where I thought I had been measuring, but my measurements aren't showing that. Any tips or tricks to measuring accurately? What body parts do you measure your weight loss?

Replies

• JessieLMay
    JessieLMay Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I go to my doctors to measurements. She does arms, waist, and hips. Though I already commented on on of your posts that is appears that she is measuring my waist wrong. She does it right at the belly button which I thought was weird and now doing some research she should be doing it a little higher? I don't know. My advice is just make sure its the same exact spot every time. I also get them taken once a month.
  • ajhugz
    Options
    I was measuring the largest part of my waist/belly. I'm so lost. hopefully more people have advice.
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have it done by one of the trainers at my gym. I think as long as you're measuring the same place consistently, you should still be getting accurate results.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I don't take measurements. If things look balanced then fine. If I ever see an imbalance then I know I gotta make some changes.
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I measure my waist in two places. The natural waist is the smallest part of your midsection, just below your ribs and usually 1-2 inches above your belly button. Look in the mirror and bend to the side...where you crease is your natural waist. The second waist measurement I take is right at or just below the belly button, usually the largest point.

I measure my hips both around my hipbones and then about 1-2 inches below that, around the fullest part of my butt (I have a bubble butt).

I measure my bust while wearing a bra (I'm very full on top, so it's hard to "contain" them when they're hanging loose).

In addition, I measure my thighs, calves, biceps, and forearms (all around the fullest part).
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    When I was a Curves member they measured the waist in 2 places. At the natural waist line, which they determined by where your waist starts to narrow. And at the "abdomen," which was about 1-2 in below the belly button. Now that I do my measurements at home, I still use these same places. I label one my upper waist and the other my lower waist.

I also measure arms, legs, bust, and hips.
  • ambr1305
    ambr1305 Posts: 19
    Options
    I agree with ncl1313, thats how I measure as well. :)
  • alpha_andy
    alpha_andy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I was measuring the largest part of my waist/belly. I'm so lost. hopefully more people have advice.

yes the largest is best. consistency is more important than anything though. Measure the same spot every time and don't sweat it.
  • ajhugz
    Options
    I measure my waist in two places. The natural waist is the smallest part of your midsection, just below your ribs and usually 1-2 inches above your belly button. Look in the mirror and bend to the side...where you crease is your natural waist. The second waist measurement I take is right at or just below the belly button, usually the largest point.

I measure my hips both around my hipbones and then about 1-2 inches below that, around the fullest part of my butt (I have a bubble butt).

I measure my bust while wearing a bra (I'm very full on top, so it's hard to "contain" them when they're hanging loose).

In addition, I measure my thighs, calves, biceps, and forearms (all around the fullest part).

This helps a lot and I see someone else said something similar! Thanks
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    glad I read all this, I think I like the idea of measuring two spots for the belly area