Best meal to have night before weiging in?

Options
I am weighing in tomorrow morning first thing and I was wondering what I should have for dinner? I was thinking a salad. What do you consider to be the best meal to have before a weigh in? Yikes! I also need to start drininking a bunch of water before tomorrow.

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I am weighing in tomorrow morning first thing and I was wondering what I should have for dinner? I was thinking a salad. What do you consider to be the best meal to have before a weigh in? Yikes! I also need to start drininking a bunch of water before tomorrow.

when I would have a fighting tournament coming up, my meals two days prior to the weigh in-
    Nothing but tea or water.
    Meals day prior -
    Nothing but tea or water, plus a diuretic before bed.
    Then you go weigh in. Eat after the weigh in.

I bet that's not what you mean is it? If you're talking like Weight Watchers?
    Just be normal, don't try to game it. You're looking for good data on yourself, not gamed data.
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think you should eat a normal meal. If you are looking to see the number go down, having nothing but a salad will do so but then right after if you have a larger meal it will go right back. Personally, I think that consistency is key. That said, drinking extra water can help to "flush" out some of the food if you are worried about it.

I think that you're on MFP for the right reasons and should just do what you're doing! I'm finalllllllly learning to become patient with the numbers on the scale. Keep up the hard work, lady! You can do it!

:)
  • grapebeyond
    grapebeyond Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others.

Plus, if you play this game with yourself tonight - you pretty much will have to play the same game the night before every weigh-in. Also, you risk being de-motivated by seeing the number jump back up within a day or two of that low weigh-in.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Eat normally as you have done day after day. Honestly you are setting your self up for failure if you are going to limit yourself just to get a better number on the scale week in week out.
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Just eat as normal. The only thing I do tend to avoid is high sodium, since that can cause water retaliation and then your weight spikes, so it seems like you haven't lost anything or even gained.