New Rules for Weight lifting for women

Options
I just ordered this book after it was highly recommended from a friend. I am hoping that it comes in this weekend so I can start on Monday. Anyone else doing this program right now? Would love a partner or two for encouragement, tips, and motivation.

Replies

• ShutterBugMomof2
    Options
    Here is one of the NROL4W groups that are starting Spring training :)http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12971-nrol4w-spring-2013
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Here's the group with the more than 4700 members and the most information:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w
  • ShutterBugMomof2
    Options
    Here's the group with the more than 4700 members and the most information:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w

you beat me to it! I did invite her though :)
  • tk2222
    tk2222 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading it, actually (like half an hour ago :-)) so yay for groups. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. I've been making my way over to the free weights area in the gym lately, and I can definitely feel the difference between squats or a bench press and the machines, even with much lighter weights, so this book came along at just the right time.
  • jenniferlb1
    jenniferlb1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite to the groups! I'm getting excited! I enjoy lifting, so I think this kind of workout will be perfect for me. When I start, I will take all of my measurements. Something I have been terrified of doing since baby #2......I might need a drink after.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Not trying to hi jack a thread, I am interested in this also. I have not got the book yet, but what type of equipment would I need to start. I have a fairly low budget to work with and want to get only what is necessary and will be used the most.
  • ajbemine4ever27
    ajbemine4ever27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Not trying to hi jack a thread, I am interested in this also. I have not got the book yet, but what type of equipment would I need to start. I have a fairly low budget to work with and want to get only what is necessary and will be used the most.

this....
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

Also I do not have a gym, my work will be done at home.
  • ShutterBugMomof2
    Options
    I would say as long as you have access to barbell and plates and well as dumb bells and a swiss ball, you should be ok. I work out at the gym and only in my first week but the weight I am doing right now, I couldn't see me doing at home with limited equipment.

check out this thread, it will give you more info than what I can give you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/825650-who-workouts-at-home
  • catrunsintowindow
    catrunsintowindow Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Eh, having read this book I think if you don't have access to a gym (or aren't willing to put a couple grand into a home gym), this routine is not the best one for you. Don't get me wrong, there are tons of good workouts you can do on your own- but you'd have to make so many modification to this routine that it's not even worth it anymore.
  • Jille0
    Jille0 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just bought this book and will be reading it over the weekend. I plan to start on Monday! Thanks for the link for the group!