Elliptical NSV!!!

Options
In January of 2012, when I initially started my weight loss journey, I literally could not complete 2 minutes on the elliptical at the lowest setting. I pretty much quit working out, but continued the healthy eating. I lost some weight, but then I dropped off the losing weight bandwagon in May of last year, and gained all but 7 of the 30 pounds I lost back...sigh.

However, I found myfitnesspal in January, and started again. As of last night, I have lost 29.4 pounds (with the 7 pounds I had not gained back, a total of 36.4), but the big thing for me is that I completed my elliptical workout at level 7 (!) in 30 minutes and finished with 3.04 miles!!! Yahoo! That is basically a 10-minute mile, and I have not accomplished that since grade school! It is amazing what this body can do!

Replies

• autopilot_on
    Options
    That is some awesome work you've done right there! Congratulations!
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!!
  • WeighOfRachel
    WeighOfRachel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I knew there was a 'fit' girl inside of me somewhere, and slowly but surely, she is starting to peek out! :ohwell:
  • newme2105
    newme2105 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    well done! I find the eliptical hard. I am at 140 heartbeat on level 1!
  • WeighOfRachel
    WeighOfRachel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you newme! Trust me, my heart rate gets up there, but it's not nearly as bad as it was when I started!
  • happymom2013
    Options
    Keep it up!! I love my elliptical!!
  • acbabbitt
    acbabbitt Posts: 50
    Options
    Congratulations! That is an impressive accomplishment!
  • ShannonBrewer07
    Options
    I got my elliptic at the end of February. I started using it on March 1st and had a hard time lasting for 10 minutes. Now, I can go for up to 45 minutes. I always wanted a treamill, but I am so glad I went with an elliptical. I just got a cheap one from Walmart.com $125 shipped and delivered the next day straight to my house!
  • Cynkane
    Cynkane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That is a huge accomplishment. :)
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! Doesn't it feel great?:smile:
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    awesome NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!