Workout music?!

Options
I have three songs that absolutely kicks my butt into gear (Stronger by Kelly Clarkson, Who knew by Pink, and Part of me by Katy Perry) but I need about an hours worth.

Any recommendations?

Something that makes you feel like you're basically the best person ever in the world that can do anything!

Replies

• adopt321
    adopt321 Posts: 111
    Options
    I would load Pandorda on your phone and create some play lists. It is the best! It gives you a variety of music that is similar to the artist's name you choose (i.e., Pink, Kelly Clarkson, etc.) and it's FREE!
  • S_Arr_Uh
    S_Arr_Uh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Try by Pink is another good one :)

The Island Pt 1 by Pendulum is a great one for cardio, but it'll obviously depend on your taste. I put my music on Shuffle, it's surprising what gems you can find when you least expect it!

(Pokemon theme tune also works wonders..)
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I agree that pandora is great, but they only let you play 40 hours/month for free now. I still prefer my ipod for working out. Here are some songs I love. "/" means same artist different song.

Paramore - misery business / decode
    Silversun pickups - the pit / Panic Switch
    Rise against - savior / the good left undone
    Kesha - c'mon
    The offspring - you're gunna go far, kid
    Imagine dragons - It's time / On top of the world
    Walk the moon - Anna Sun
    Youngblood Hawke - We come running (its great for running haha)
    Muse - Madness (even tho its slow) / Supermassive black hole / Panic station / Uprising
    Young the Giant - My body / cough syrup
    The Black Keys - Gold on the ceiling
    Phoenix - 1901
    Harvey Danger - Flagpole sitta
    Jimmy Eat World - The middle / Bleed American
    Bush - The Sound of Winter
    The Gaslight Anthem - 45
    Linkin Park - pretty much any of their songs.
    Rebelution - Sky is the limit
    P.O.D. - Lost in Forever
    Drake - Headlines
    Train - Drive By
    Carly Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
    Lady Gaga - The Edge of Glory
    Pitbull - Feel this Moment
    Krewella - Alive
    Floriga Georgia Line - Shine On / cruise
    Awolnation - Kill Your Heros
    The Postal Service - Such Great Heights
    Hoobastank - Crawling in the Dark / The Reason
    Mumford & Sons - The Cave
    Demi Lovato - Give Your Heart a Break
    Rodney Atkins - Take a Back Road
    Dierks Bently - What Was I Thinkin
    Kieth Urban - Sweet Thing
    Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling / Meet Me Halfway / Rock that Body

I listen to many different genres so I don't get bored.
  • RigDiver678
    Options
    I just recently found jog.fm and it's my new favorite site :D While it's geared mostly towards runners (you can search by BPM or pace per mile) they do have some awesome pre-set workout playlists. Not sure what your particular style is so I'd say just go there and look around. :)
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I just recently found jog.fm and it's my new favorite site :D While it's geared mostly towards runners (you can search by BPM or pace per mile) they do have some awesome pre-set workout playlists. Not sure what your particular style is so I'd say just go there and look around. :)

pretty cool site!
  • adopt321
    adopt321 Posts: 111
    Options
    Really? That totally stinks. Bummer.
    I agree that pandora is great, but they only let you play 40 hours/month for free now.
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It's a select few that enjoy it, but I run to techno/trance - Oakenfold, BT, Ferry Corsten, Tiesto, Van Dyk. I love the cadence and my pace (9 min mile) is pretty much in sync with the BPM.
  • mozzie88
    mozzie88 Posts: 33
    Options
    It depends on what gets you motivated.. For me Rock makes me move faster so on my workout playlist I have a lot of Halestorm, Devilskin and don't forget Eye of the Tiger to make you feel like a champ!
  • jneill69
    jneill69 Posts: 22
    Options
    Nile, Skinless and Nevermore. If that doesn't get your blood pumping, nothing will.
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I typically listen to a lot of indie/electronica in every day life so indie isn't really going to cut it for workouts or cardio. :P But my workout playlists include- Lady Gaga, La Roux, Rihanna, Yeasayer, Girl Talk, Drake, Ellie Goulding, MGMT, Frank Ocean, Asap Rocky. :)