What is an optimal balance of carbs,fat and protein?

What is an optimal balance of carbs, fat and protein for weight loss? Im noticing my carbs are averaging 53%, protein 15% and Fat 32%. Im working out daily burning 600-800 calories a day and not losing weight.

Replies

• GoldenBalls90
    GoldenBalls90 Posts: 3 Member
    40%c, 40%p, 20%f, is pretty much the gold standard for general "healthy" eating..
  • archmi
    archmi Posts: 1
    45-65% calories from carbs (4 cal/g)
    15-20% calories from protein (4 cal/g)
    <30% calories from fat (9 cal/g)
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    There isn't a ratio that fits everyone. Current research indicates that protein needs are based on your lean body mass (LBM) which is independent of your calorie level. It appears that your protein level is quite low, unless your cals are high.

600-800 daily burn is a lot. Are you positive of these numbers? I would crosscheck with a different source to verify. If this value is overstated that could be causing an issue. I assume you're eating back these calories or have them included in your calorie estimate.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    40%c, 40%p, 20%f, is pretty much the gold standard for general "healthy" eating..

BS

there is no standard.

I eat 25% C, 20% P, 55% fat and I'm pretty damn healthy

honestly, you need about .7-1g of protein per pound of lean body mass, and after that you can mess with the carbs and fat till you find something you feel the best on.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    What is an optimal balance of carbs, fat and protein for weight loss? Im noticing my carbs are averaging 53%, protein 15% and Fat 32%. Im working out daily burning 600-800 calories a day and not losing weight.

how MUCH are you eating? not the %
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    It depends on the person, you activity levels and goals. If you do a lot of cardio, you'll need more carbs. If you lift, you'll need more protein. If you are a women, you'll need more fats. Etc.

There is no "correct" ratio. Personally, I do 45/20/35.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    If you are a women, you'll need more fats. Etc.

I am unaware of this, why do we need MORE fats? I thought we just needed fat and the correct fats?
    Am I screwing my meals up again!?
  • WHR200
    WHR200 Posts: 20
    good information guys thanks