Did you know there was a web site to go with the App :-)

Options
So I've had the app on my phone for a while trying to learn how to track a calories at the advice of my nutritionist. I just recently tried the website to see what the difference was. At any rate I am ready to lose weight and my first goal is to be able to shop in a normal clothing store and say good bye to the Big and Tall and Plus size stores I have to shop at now.

So far I've gone from a size 56 to 50 pants and my normal 5X shirts are being replaced with 4X. I also just recently broke the 400 lb mark so I bought some scales in order to weigh at home and as I come into the plateau stages or have a moment of weakness I'll snap out of it.

I'm sure I'll be using this outlet as a place to ask for help and maybe brag on myself from time to time when i hit mile stones.

So all in all I'd like to say Hello

Replies

• BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss so far! That is amazing. I am happy that you are here and have realistic goals. Welcome to your new lifestyle :-)
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options

I'm sure I'll be using this outlet as a place to ask for help and maybe brag on myself from time to time when i hit mile stones.

So all in all I'd like to say Hello

I couldn't have said it better myself. When I downloaded the app on my iPhone I was reminded to visit the website. I must admit I was very intimidated by "calorie counting" at first. However now that i have been doing it for a few days it isnt so bad, it is just like counting points. Good luck to all
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! We are glad to have you here, and trust me, the more friends you have for support the better. I just purchased my first outfit Saturday, that I didn't have to go to the plus size dep't to buy. It has been over 20 years since I was last able to shop in the Womens Dep't! It was such a good feeling. Feel free to send me a friend request if you'd like some extra support! Together we can do anything!!
  • kimmie1013
    kimmie1013 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats, you'll like this site. Sounds like your doing a good job aleady. It has been very helpful for me. Keep us updated with pics.
  • tleigh
    tleigh Posts: 58
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! That is awesome! And welcome to the website lol. I actually started with the website then got the iPhone app lol. Feel free to add me.

Trisha
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!! I, too, found the app first for my phone and then went in search of the website. Love this site! I have been working on this new lifestyle for a week and a half and have lost 3 lbs already. (It's okay to brag!!) :wink: Good luck with your new journey!
  • nachoqtpie
    nachoqtpie Posts: 81
    Options
    Wahooo!! Great job!! I know, just like so many others here, that there is no better motivator than getting to brag and sooooooo many people telling you what a great job you're doing!! Keep up the great work!! :flowerforyou:
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP ....congrats on the weigh lost so far :) I remember when I broke the 400 lbs. mark , I cried because for me it was a very important milestone. Add me as a friend if you would like. Would love to follow you on your journey.