Zumba feedback!

Options
Hi fellow MFP's! My best friend and I tried our first Zumba toning class today at our 24hr, (Zumba cardio Wendesday) and it was INTENSE ! I couldn't believe how out of shape I was in but It gave me the FUN butt kickin' I needed! I must admit I felt like a fish out of water, and I was a dancer for 5 years! I was wondering what everyone thought of their first Zumba experience, and if anyone was tracking the calories they're burning that hour?

p.s. I drank a 50 fl oz bottle of smart water during class! :drinker:

Replies

• itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! I go twice a week and have been doing it for about 9 months. I still feel lost half the time but it's so fun I don't care!

I did find that after a few weeks I got a lot of the basic steps down and it got a lot easier.

As with any kind of exercise, how much you burn depends on how much you put into it, but on average I burn about 450 calories an hour. When I was first starting out and was heavier and out of shape I burned more like 575 to 625 an hour.

Stick with it!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Join our Zumba thread 6/21. :happy:
  • prices
    prices Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am starting Zumba tomorrow. I will let you know.
  • tbanking
    tbanking Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried zumba at home? I like to go to the class but they have cut it down to once a week and I can't always get there on a Monday morning. I just don't know if I can stay motivated doing it at home by myself. And I don't really have enough room to have a partner to it with me.
  • corgi
    corgi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVD set off the website about 2 months ago and have been doing it at least 3 times a week since then. I love it!!! I like being in my living room by myself because I can really "let go" and not care what I look like.