All those other calories you burn

Options
NEVER MIND

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Be sure you eat all of those calories back religiously - just not after 4pm.
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Your expected calories burned based on your activity setting will take care of those little things. Your Basal metabolic rate is what your body needs to function and will include calories burned during sleep and your total daily expected expenditure (TDEE) will account for extra activities. As long as you set your activity level correctly, you should be good and not need to count the daily stuff you do.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I think you need to look up the basics of how the body works.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I count all my little cal burns, by having my activity setting at active. Lightly active meant I was hungry and losing too quickly.
  • Steph_in_FL
    Options

That is not cute. It's obnoxious. If you were my child (and I'm way more than old enough to be your mother) your whole world would come crashing down on you if you snarked at someone that way in my presence. Maybe YOU need to learn the basics of how a polite society works.
  • Steph_in_FL
    Options
    I'm sorry I'm obviously so stupid and not a metabolic expert. Excuse me for taking up your time.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    Why would you count those?

You gained by doing those things everyday didn't you?
  • Losingbooty
    Losingbooty Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would honestly suggest you get a body media device or a fit bit. So you can actually see what you are burning. you may not be burning what you think you are. Then again you may be!

I got my body media device in January and it has really helped it. it has 4 sensors and it monitors movement, body temperature, and sweat! it is quite awesome actually! I blue tooth it to my phone during work outs and I can watch my calories burned. I LOVE IT! just a thought maybe.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I count all my little cal burns, by having my activity setting at active. Lightly active meant I was hungry and losing too quickly.

Do you exercise too and add that in separately?

Or are you just eating within that calorie range and that works for you?
    Not that I'm really losing any weight but I don't want to lose too fast for any reason :P
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

That is not cute. It's obnoxious. If you were my child (and I'm way more than old enough to be your mother) your whole world would come crashing down on you if you snarked at someone that way in my presence. Maybe YOU need to learn the basics of how a polite society works.

^^^this, honestly is tame compared to what other people may come on here and say.

My own opinion, all of that is accounted for in your TDEE (total daily expenditure). So, eating those other cals will not help you lose weight. If this was the case, many times for us would not need to be here. We did most of those regular things and still gained weight.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

^ This was not a a snarky response to this post at all, actually (especially not compared to most posts in this forum). No worse than your passive aggressive comment of -> "I'm sorry I'm obviously so stupid and not a metabolic expert. Excuse me for taking up your time."

You need to not be so sensitive. When you make a public post, you're always running the risk of people giving their opinion or telling you what they think. They're not going to automatically agree with you and speak the exact way you want to be spoken to. It seems like you wanted people to be particularly nice to you and agree with you, but this is the internet and a public forum, so it isn't necessarily going to happen despite your best efforts and hopes.

You were given good info, your TDEE level already counts all those little things, plus whatever daily exercise you get. Same with the MFP way of doing it, you set your activity level to count all of that as well. Then you add exercise on top of that to get your daily goal. :) Good luck in the forum and here on the site.
  • vickie45915
    Options
    That is rude. We are all trying to learn and become more healthy. If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options

Do you exercise too and add that in separately?

Or are you just eating within that calorie range and that works for you?
    Not that I'm really losing any weight but I don't want to lose too fast for any reason :P

I do add my exercise calories and try to eat them. My burns aren't super high though. I exercise when I can, but tend to only get 30mins a day, sometimes on 20mins. Actually I should be happy I get that lol. I am still learning to eat better and more. I am a yoyoer with my weight. I am currently 67.3 kgs around 140 pounds at 5"8 . I don't want to get lower than 66kg.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options

^ This was not a a snarky response to this post at all, actually (especially not compared to most posts in this forum). No worse than your passive aggressive comment of -> "I'm sorry I'm obviously so stupid and not a metabolic expert. Excuse me for taking up your time."

You need to not be so sensitive. When you make a public post, you're always running the risk of people giving their opinion or telling you what they think. They're not going to automatically agree with you and speak the exact way you want to be spoken to. It seems like you wanted people to be particularly nice to you and agree with you, but this is the internet and a public forum, so it isn't necessarily going to happen despite your best efforts and hopes.

You were given good info, your TDEE level already counts all those little things, plus whatever daily exercise you get. Same with the MFP way of doing it, you set your activity level to count all of that as well. Then you add exercise on top of that to get your daily goal. :) Good luck in the forum and here on the site.
    It wasn't meant to be snarky at all and I'm sorry the OP took it that way, they are obviously more sensitive. I do not sugar coat things or lie to say what people want to hear. You can't log all the things you usually do and say you 'worked out' (the only one I would say you would and I do - is walking the dog, walking = exercise = win) and then eat all those calories back. You are not going to lose weight.