NSV!!!

Options
Stats:
HT: 5'8"
SW: 206
CW: 198.6
GW: 135

This might not seem like much to some people, but it is a HUGE success for me. I've always been an over eater. It started when I was a kid and my mom would make me sit at the table until every bite was gone. Maybe that's an excuse, maybe not. I hate leaving empty places on my plate, it has to be FULL of food. And I cannot NOT finish my plate. I have to eat every bite or I have this tremendous guilt. And on top of all that food negativity, I am a "bored" snacker. I can sit on the couch with a bag of chips in my lap and eat the ENTIRE bag. I will tell myself "You're not hungry" "You're full now" "You're going to make yourself sick" and still I keep eating.

Well, today I didn't.

Today I opened a bag of jelly beans (for my daughter's potty training rewards) and I ate a couple. Just a couple, not the whole bag. I made popcorn for an after school snack, and didn't eat any. I had half a sandwich for lunch and put the rest away. I didn't eat seconds for dinner. And when my kids didn't finish their plates, *I* didn't finish their plates either. And guess who's eating an orange for dessert? Me.

I'm so proud of myself I could cry. I might only be down 7 lbs, but I feel a hundred pounds lighter right now.

Replies

• kstiffler10
    kstiffler10 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That is huge, you should be very proud of yourself, great victory.
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Really it was the little things that got us into this situation, and it will be the little things that get us out. Good for you, keep it up.
  • doulanik
    doulanik Posts: 84
    Options
    Thank you. I'm really very happy with myself this evening. :D
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    That IS huge and I totally understand. I used to do the same thing. PROUD OF YOU!
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    good job staying focused!
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Great job! It IS a big thing! It is the small NSV's that add up to BIG accomplishments. Each NSV we recognize is actual progress made! :D
  • doulanik
    doulanik Posts: 84
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm making some popcorn for a snack. And I'm only gonna have one bowl. :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!