Any Tall Girls have a High TDEE?

Options
I am an active tall girl almost 5'11", any other girls moderately active and have a High TDEE out there? My TDEE-20% is a whopping 2200 calories and I feel kind of alone. :) everyone else seems to be eating alot less than me, I know I know don't compare yourself to others! :laugh: But still I am going to stick to this TDEE thing and see how well it works.

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Not a girl but my sedentary TDEE is about 2500. I use sedentary because I don't workout every single day and eat less on rest days. It does work. At least for me it does very well. I've been on this since last August and it works exactly as promised. When I had it set to TDEE - 20% I was losing close to half a pound a week. Not every week but pretty close to every week. Now I'm just doing 2500 + cardio (if any) for the day and mostly maintaining what I have. Heavy exercise days I eat 3200 - 4000 calories. Your net calories and TDEE are the basis of your weight loss/gain. You're correct.

// Still 3 inches taller than you. :P
  • skincy
    skincy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not a girl but my sedentary TDEE is about 2500. I use sedentary because I don't workout every single day and eat less on rest days. It does work. At least for me it does very well. I've been on this since last August and it works exactly as promised. When I had it set to TDEE - 20% I was losing close to half a pound a week. Not every week but pretty close to every week. Now I'm just doing 2500 + cardio (if any) for the day and mostly maintaining what I have. Heavy exercise days I eat 3200 - 4000 calories. Your net calories and TDEE are the basis of your weight loss/gain. You're correct.

// Still 3 inches taller than you. :P

Thank you so much. I actually think I may need to change mine to very active. I know its not a 100% but my FitBit said I wil burn just over 3000 calories today so I might need to up mine a little more. I am going to do what I have been doing and monitor it.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah.5'10" TDEE like 2300. That's light activity. My cals are set at 2000 and lifting weights and seeing nice results. And I eat my exercise cals back.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" but burn about 2200 on rest days. Yesterday I burned about 3000. My goal is 2200-2300 daily but occasionally I'll eat right up to 3000.

Oh yeah, and when I set my lifestyle thing to "Active" it figures 2200, so just about right. But I'm just an at-home mom :indifferent:
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" tall, and when I was much younger (30) my TDEE was 2250.

Now it is really, really low (1600 ish), which I find horrifying. I've got a Bodymedia arm band on the way, and I'm hoping it will provided happier numbers than Scooby's Workshop.
  • minsooky
    minsooky Posts: 59
    Options
    I maintain on 2500-2600 calories. I don't really consider it high though because my female friend eats up to 3500 cals a day while dieting lol.

I rarely work out but I'm planning to get back to it, my knee is injured so I've been out of business for a while.
  • skincy
    Options
    Well its good to know I am not alone!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and MFP says that I should be eating 1700 cals, I tested my TDEE with my FT7 for 6 days at various activity levels and my average was 3200, I had my resting metabolic rate done and it came up to 2088 and according to the test, based on an estimated average daily activity level and estimated average exercise activity level, my TDEE is 2900. I have been doing the 1700 cals for over a year and have gained (yes, I said gained) 27 lbs (my TDEE according to all the calculation tables that people have offered on MFP ranges from 1700 to 2600 depending on which calculator I use) So I'm at a loss at what direction to go, since I keep being told that I MUST be doing something wrong and that there is no way that I can have a TDEE that high (but yet, none of these detractors can tell me what to do that is correct so I can start losing.) Hoping that the RD I have an appointment with can tell me something so I can hopefully do something to start losing again (and I will admit, I'm scared to eat the 2200-2500 cals per day that would be my TDEE-20%)
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone. I'm 5'9" and my TDEE is about 2200.

Enjoy - it means we get to eat more delicious, healthy food...
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my TDEE is about 2440 :smile: I aim for an intake of about 2000/day. Yay, food!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am just going by mfp, and I am 5"8 and active. It gives me 2080 cals before exercise. I am still working on eating that much, but getting there lol.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and build with a heavy frame and my cals are set at 2000, roughly...but I have yet to figure out the TDEE thing....I would love to learn about this...
  • skincy
    Options
    You are definitely not alone. I'm 5'9" and my TDEE is about 2200.

Enjoy - it means we get to eat more delicious, healthy food...

yea!! I love food. I see by your ticker that there must be something to it!. I have 40 pounds I would take off
  • skincy
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my TDEE is about 2440 :smile: I aim for an intake of about 2000/day. Yay, food!

Well it worked for you! So I will take that as a good sign!
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"11 and mine is about 1900
  • skincy
    Options
    I am 5'9" and build with a heavy frame and my cals are set at 2000, roughly...but I have yet to figure out the TDEE thing....I would love to learn about this...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/895504-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12?hl=road+map here is link that will help
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Well it worked for you! So I will take that as a good sign!

Thanks! :flowerforyou: I've actually been gradually increasing my intake...from about 1250 net (until I got tired of feeling weak and woozy) to my current 2000 (gross)...since January, and have been consistently losing. Also reduced my cardio to only an hour/week and added lifting. Best thing ever. Today, I tried on a size 6 suit jacket and it fit, with some room to spare. I've never worn a 6 in my entire life. :bigsmile:
  • Shange_Gully
    Options
    the higher the better

congrats
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    5'10 and 37. My TDEE is about 2500 most of the time, but sometimes 2200 on lower exercise weeks. I used to maintain 126ibs on 2000-3000 calories due to my activity levels. Never tested for sure to see what I maintain at as not yet settled back at the weight I am comfortable at. There are plenty of shorter girls here maintaining on these kinds of number too.
  • RachelAngel01
    RachelAngel01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10. My TDEE is anywhere between 2600-3200 depending on the calculator. I'm not that active! I've been eating well for two weeks, but only eating around 1450-1500 cals. I haven't been hungry at all! Good energy. Should I up my calories?? I've been trying to keep my carbs low--under 100g--which I think is really helping curb the hunger. If I go much higher though, I'm afraid those carbs will climb up too high. Any insight or suggestions? I want to do this the healthy way.

I've got an appointment to have my thyroid checked, which is why I'm keeping the carbs low. Everything I've read indicated that lower carbs can help with low thyroid function. I feel like I have really seen results this way--in energy and mood both.

Thanks for any thoughts or experience!