14 lbs in 3 weeks with Visalus

Options
So i started my 90 day challenge with visalus!! After 3 weeks... Ive lost 14 lbs and 2 inches! Im trying to keep myself from weighing everyday, so i will update soon!! Drink your water!!!!

Replies

• Slick_nicky
    Options
    I have been on it for a week. Monday thru Friday I have 2 a day and on the weekend I have one a day. I have not seen any thing different as in weight loss or inches lost
  • chelseaalannah
    Options
    Ive lost 5lb this week, drinking 2 shakes a day + half hour of cardio a day.
    My friend lost 20lb in one month using them.. with little to no exercise.

ALOT of people I know have used these shakes and they have all lost weight.
    :heart: ViSalus
  • MPJCRUZ
    MPJCRUZ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I read reviews about Visalus that said the product is not that good for you healthwise. Then again everything doesn't work for everybody so as long as Visalus is working for you and you don't get sick then you should be okay. I've never tried it, so I don't speak from experience. The few reviews on Amazon were enough to scare me away. Its one thing to say the product didn't work but when people are stating that they are getting sick from Visalus, it kind of changes things. Just be careful and good luck.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    What happens when you stop drinking the shakes? Aren't you going to gain the weight back?
  • southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    What happens when you stop drinking the shakes? Aren't you going to gain the weight back?

My sister was doing VI for a short period. No one above her in the pyramid would answer this question for me. I personally despised the taste of them.

Nonetheless, good luck to you.
  • sixftblonde
    Options
    The girls I work with are at the convention center in LA this weekend, They are all on the Body By VI shakes. This is my first week. Its great for me with my work schedule I have lost 4 lbs so far. I get headaches though...
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I lost 18 pounds in 3 1/2 weeks with a low carb lifestyle and exercise... My BF used those shakes for 8 months, lost 47 pounds and then gained 26 pounds back within 2 months...IMO you are better off learning how to make sensible meals and exercise and put your checkbook away

Regardless thou, congrats on your loss
  • BeautifulLadi89
    Options

My sister was doing VI for a short period. No one above her in the pyramid would answer this question for me. I personally despised the taste of them.

I've been on and off the shake since last year, and no you don't gain weight back if you just watch what you eat, and your calorie intake. Vi Shakes just help us all to stay a good healthy way to lose weight. So it's how you will eat after having the shakes. I do the shakes every other day when I can as I am busy with my life, and it helps me keep my calorie intake, and I feel full and awake. It's different for everyone though.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    OP I hope it works out for you and you lose the weight you want and maintain the loss. In my opinion it is a short term solution that will make you prone to binging. I hope that doesn't happen.

If it does and over the long term you struggle, I encourage you to not give up and come back to the forums. I think there will be people to give you other solutions that just involve eating food with no special plan or anything to buy.
  • kellyjo44
    Options
    I have lost 15lbs in a little under 2 months using body by vi. I think the key is not starving yourself by drinking ONLY 1 or 2 shakes. I really like them so I'll probably use them for a long time to come, but when I stop my thought is that I'll have healthy habits set in place that it won't be an issue. I am also loosing weight a little more slowly than I know that I could if I cut out a lot of calories but that is how you set yourself up to gain it back!

I was never really good at eating breakfast or lunch, my job is very demanding and usually I look at the clock and realize its 3 o'clock and I haven't eaten yet. It is never a good idea to eat when you are starving...So this is a great alternative for me. I make smoothies with them, using fruit and almond milk, sometimes I add greek yogurt too. Most of my smoothies have about 200-300 calories but its all healthy ingredients. You can't mix it with milk twice a day- you will get constipated- try almond milk! I eat a lot of snacks throughout the day too, almonds, cheese sticks, roasted vegetables, deli sliced turkey, granola bars, etc. For dinner it veggies and protein (grilled chicken or fish usually) or- a smaller portion of whatever I made my family. Usually eat about 1200-1400 calories per day. Its all about input vs outgo- no matter what extra things you are using to help. I have stopped eating out, eating even the healthier options are high in calories or don't fill you up. I also work out 5-6 days per week. Elliptical, running/jogging, or spin class.

PS- I have yet to get sick- I haven't seen the Amazon reviews but its pretty hard to pin point the cause of a sickness so I would doubt that it was the protein powder.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options

I've been on and off the shake since last year, and no you don't gain weight back if you just watch what you eat, and your calorie intake. Vi Shakes just help us all to stay a good healthy way to lose weight. So it's how you will eat after having the shakes. I do the shakes every other day when I can as I am busy with my life, and it helps me keep my calorie intake, and I feel full and awake. It's different for everyone though.

So why not learn to eat right? Wouldn't that just be easier? And less expensive?
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I used to promote Body By Vi, and while it worked a bit, it just wasn't effective once I stopped drinking them. Sure the taste was great, but shakes that generally taste good are because there are things in them that shouldn't be. I lost 8 lbs. in the 4 months of drinking them. Because it was a Shake based program, my upline wasn't very supportive at all.

Today I am a Beachbody coach. Not because of Shakeology, but because I have learned to eat right, exercise and I use Shakeology just because of EVERYTHING that is good in it. Nothing fake..
    I have a lot of friends who are on Vi and I wish you nothing but the best and I know a few who have had great success, but you need to make sure you eat correctly and exercise. Those shakes just don't have enough in them. 90 calories, not enough..... Hence why I lost only 8 lbs. Fast forward almost a year, I have lost 55 lbs. with regular diet and exercise. Just saying because I have done both.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    each serving is only 90 calories, so when you replace 2 meals a day as recommended, you are at a pretty big deficit (unless your dinner is huge). I like the body by v shakes, and when I am out of my shakeology, or want a vanilla shake, I will do 3 scoops (instead of the usual 2), but really it is just another way to control calories. When you stop drinking them and go back to real food, you just need to remember you are going from 90 calories to probably a lot more. There aren't any magic shake ingredients that make you lose weight.
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I tried it but I need food! If you are busy and on the go and like shakes this can be for you! But I honestly think that you can buy your own protein powder and throw it in a blender with ice, almond milk, fruits and veggies and lose weight for cheaper
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was given some free samples. Hated it. Reminds me too much of the Slim Fast fad that was popular years ago. I like protein shakes after a workout but why not enjoy eating healthy food while you can? The weight loss is due to calorie restriction but how much will u gain when you don't drink the shakes anymore. It is expensive too!!
  • JeraLee31885
    Options
    Awesome to Visalians on the challenge! I lost 24lbs and 18.5" on my first challenge and had an involuntary(affordability cause my husband lost his job) hiatus from the shakes and I lost another 24+lbs!!! So no you don't necessarily gain weight back. It all depends on who you are and if you over eat while off of the shakes. For me myself, the challenge helped me with portion control and eating more often (before the challenge I ate once a day and drank a lot of pop). You have to be dedicated to your weight loss and maintenance after you meet your goals or yes you will definately begin to gain again.

I am now on my second challenge and a week in and have lost 3.8lbs and my husband is doing a challenge with me and he has lost 4.2 lbs! I am a true believer, challenger, and success story! I started out at 206lbs when I learned about the challenge and weigh 155.6 lbs today! IT IS NOT A MIRACLE WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM. You set goals and work at them 90 days at a time. You may have a different goal every time! Either way unless you are truly motivated and dedicated it probably won't work for you in the way you want it to. My first challenge I was dedicated to work out and that lasted a week but I still lost, because I was still dedicated to make healthier choices in my eating habits!

Whoever said its because of the less calorie consumption, Visalus doesn't say not to still eat your daily caloric intake... they advice healthy snacking and a sensible 1-2 meals (depending on what route you decided to go). No matter who you are 1200 caloric intake is still recommended. What you do is totally out of the control of the company so any less calories you consume in a day that can be damaging to your weight loss goals or nutrition is your own demise and fault.

Anyways just some input from a happy consumer!! :)

40383235.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • JeraLee31885
    Options
    The girls I work with are at the convention center in LA this weekend, They are all on the Body By VI shakes. This is my first week. Its great for me with my work schedule I have lost 4 lbs so far. I get headaches though...

Have you evaluated what you have changed in your diet? Have you cut out a lot of caffeine? Maybe sugars? Either way the headaches could have something to do with the change in your diet because your body isn't use to it yet. I will admit when I first started my first challenge I too had headaches, but I did cut out all pop cold turkey. Hadn't had any shakes in almost 6 months and have been on my second challenge for a week now and no headaches! Just a thought! Have a great day and good luck on your challenge!!

40383235.png
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Vi shakes use Soy which is a cheap protein. If you switched 2 of your daily meals with any protein shake you'd also lose weight. In the end weight loss is calories in vs calories out, and obviously macro's play a part. You have to remember...weight loss is a multi BILLION dollar industry. It is all about marketing and getting someone to buy a product that they do not need. How it works; make the task seem impossible, then show someone how easy it is IF they buy your product.

Put a good protein shake inplace, You can make a nice shake for same calories and half the price and litteraly 30 more grams of protein.

Protein powder + Water + Frozen Fruit = Godly

Eat Chicken Breast, Brown Rice, Veggies, Fruits, stay away from white breads.

There's no miracle to losing weight, it's all about calorie deficit, and you will wanna manage your macro's to maintain muscle mass while you lose the weight, because you won't gain any muscle, you have to have calorie surplus to gain muscle, but if you get enough food in you and do resistance training, you will minimize muscle mass loss.
  • jcurrie17
    jcurrie17 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am not a supporter of meal replaces because I feel they don't teach you how to eat properly, however, I do love my visalus shakes. I add so much to them, fruits and veggies, that I know I am still getting great nutrition out of them. I also snack on healthy foods and have a delicious meal with my family every day that is also packed with nutrition and good food. Do I think it's an end all for weigh issues, absolutely not but if it can get someone on the right track to a healthy life then by all means go for it!

Great job on your success! Keep it up. You have a whole community of Visalians cheering you on.
  • j3nnal3igh13
    Options
    First of all... Way to go!! Congrats! Buuttt.... I hate to be a downer. I did Visalus too, and lost 16 pounds in no time. Long story short, stopped drinking the shakes and gained EVERY POUND BACK plus more. In my opinion, you'd be better off learning to eat healthy and properly and exercise. I'm doing it the "old fashioned" way now and I know this time around the weight will STAY off. Save your money, or drink the shakes every day for the rest of your life. Up to you.
    Good luck on your journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!